Savor this new generation

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Savor this new generation

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:54 am
Quite quite ridiculous immature comments by several posters above.

There’s a difference between having a wild night out and being an actual alcoholic with a serious problem.
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:11 am
Haven't such an harsh punishment that kept him out of international cricket for 5 years for drinking. 5 yrs out seems more guilty on match fixing or doping then small incident on drinking. Ntini didn't liked Chisoro & Jongwe which was main reason for not including them.

Even Stokes didn't get such harsh punishment on punching an army official
‘Small incident’?!?!?!

This plumbs new depths even by your posting standards. Do some fucking research before you speak.

Insensitive, offensive and downright incorrect.
You may have dislike for certain players that doesnt means you will spread dirt every where. If Jongwe had any wild issues or some thing untolerable, he should have been ban from every form of cricket. Instead he played domestic cricket regularly and also played club cricket in UK

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:40 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:54 am
Quite quite ridiculous immature comments by several posters above.

There’s a difference between having a wild night out and being an actual alcoholic with a serious problem.
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:11 am
Haven't such an harsh punishment that kept him out of international cricket for 5 years for drinking. 5 yrs out seems more guilty on match fixing or doping then small incident on drinking. Ntini didn't liked Chisoro & Jongwe which was main reason for not including them.

Even Stokes didn't get such harsh punishment on punching an army official
‘Small incident’?!?!?!

This plumbs new depths even by your posting standards. Do some fucking research before you speak.

Insensitive, offensive and downright incorrect.
You may have dislike for certain players that doesnt means you will spread dirt every where. If Jongwe had any wild issues or some thing untolerable, he should have been ban from every form of cricket. Instead he played domestic cricket regularly and also played club cricket in UK
I don’t dislike him! I actually love him for the turnaround he has made. Potentially in my top 2 or 3 favourite Zim players.

His problems a few years ago are well documented. He wasn’t punished. He didn’t do anything ‘wrong’. He had a problem that was uncontrollable. Alcoholism unfortunately is a big problem in society here and I know others who have suffered it. They just get called heathens by the church or some dodgy pastor will try and rip them off. Very little support for people with the problem in Zim unfortunately.

Again, he wasn’t punished by Ntini or anyone of that era. Taibu (who is super religious) was the only one who seemed to have a personal issue with him.

Jongwe had very serious problems and clearly was not able to play international cricket. He finally got help and turned himself around.

But just want to stress that being an actual alcoholic with real problems is not the same as Taylor or Stokes or whoever going on a bender and having a good time!

Anyway, back on topic, I think Jongwe is great and I’m glad he is part of this ‘new generation’!

franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by franco vazquez »

Tbh none of them have played in testing conditions a lot and the only time they played, Wes failed miserably so its too early to say anything.