3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh | Harare

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Squads:

Zimbabwe Squad: Tadiwanashe Marumani(w), Wesley Madhevere, Regis Chakabva, Dion Myers, Sikandar Raza(c), Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Milton Shumba, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Tarisai Musakanda, Donald Tiripano, Richard Ngarava

Bangladesh Squad: Mohammad Naim, Soumya Sarkar, Mahedi Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah(c), Afif Hossain, Nurul Hasan(w), Shamim Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Liton Das, Nasum Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Aminul Islam

Rajkumar Sharma

Re: 3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh | Harare

T Marumani
W Medhevere
R Chakabva
S Raza
R Burl
D Tiripano
M Shumba
L Jongwe
W Masakadza
B Muzarabani
T Chatara

Will bring Tiripano in for Myers as he is most improved cricketer now and can bring more option to the team being an allrounder. A quickfire 30 of 14 in slog overs and bowling stats of 2/24 is acceptable any time.

Myers isn't bad but he needs to feel the pulse and understand T20 format, as he takes time to settle, which is not permitted in T20

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

if chakabva is fit..tiripano in place of marumani

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I don't think Shumba is a T20 player, will be better off with Tari.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

If Regis is also out, we might as well forget about this one. It is a miracle that we are even competing with so many absentees and such a hollow bench strength. What exactly was the reason for Regis to not take field in second half of the second match?

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:22 pm
T Marumani
W Medhevere
R Chakabva
S Raza
R Burl
D Tiripano
M Shumba
L Jongwe
W Masakadza
B Muzarabani
T Chatara

Will bring Tiripano in for Myers as he is most improved cricketer now and can bring more option to the team being an allrounder. A quickfire 30 of 14 in slog overs and bowling stats of 2/24 is acceptable any time.

Myers isn't bad but he needs to feel the pulse and understand T20 format, as he takes time to settle, which is not permitted in T20
I reckon you didn't watch his batting and bowling in the 3rd ODI, based even on what we have seen, not understanding why you would have Myers out whilst Shumba is in, but I respect your opinion.

Rajkumar Sharma

CholeZimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:35 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
T Marumani
W Medhevere
R Chakabva
S Raza
R Burl
D Tiripano
M Shumba
L Jongwe
W Masakadza
B Muzarabani
T Chatara

I reckon you didn't watch his batting and bowling in the 3rd ODI, based even on what we have seen, not understanding why you would have Myers out whilst Shumba is in, but I respect your opinion.
No matter with his skills.He is very much new to international cricket, no doubt of him in odi & test, but at present T20 doesn't suits him as he takes some time to settle in, and the number he bats, say from 9th to14th overs such position requires to maintain the momentum and run rate going, dot balls or run a bowl will bring pressure on lower order. His medium pace will be covered by Tiripano. In 1st T20I Zim score 28 from 10 to 15 overs, in 2nd T20I Zim scored around 57 runs from 8 to 15 overs, where momentum of @7 per over was needed.

Shumba because pitch might get slow down again in 2nd innings and can help spinner. Shumba can give an option at that time.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:56 am
CholeZimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
T Marumani
W Medhevere
R Chakabva
S Raza
R Burl
D Tiripano
M Shumba
L Jongwe
W Masakadza
B Muzarabani
T Chatara

No matter with his skills.He is very much new to international cricket, no doubt of him in odi & test, but at present T20 doesn't suits him as he takes some time to settle in, and the number he bats, say from 9th to14th overs such position requires to maintain the momentum and run rate going, dot balls or run a bowl will bring pressure on lower order. His medium pace will be covered by Tiripano. In 1st T20I Zim score 28 from 10 to 15 overs, in 2nd T20I Zim scored around 57 runs from 8 to 15 overs, where momentum of @7 per over was needed.

Shumba because pitch might get slow down again in 2nd innings and can help spinner. Shumba can give an option at that time.
Dion Myers strike rate this series: 141+

‘Too slow’ apparently lol wtf

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:22 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

Fuck with your strike rate 35 of 22 & 26 of 21 is an odi level performance, if you have any knowledge between T20 & Odis

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:25 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:22 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

Fuck with your strike rate 35 of 22 & 26 of 21 is an odi level performance, if you have any knowledge between T20 & Odis
His current career T20I strike rate is currently higher than any Zimbabwean batsman in history.

:)