Players' ratings from the T20 and ODI series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
lobsang

Players' ratings from the T20 and ODI series

Post by lobsang »

Brendan Taylor 4/10
Had a memorable test performance. I wish those those quickfire 80s and 90s had come in those important ODI games but by his standards, he had a forgettable ODI series. A major concern to me is his fitness, he fields like Inzamam and Chris Gayle in 40s. 35 years old man is not that old and BT really needs to work on his fitness. A fitter BT is alway invaluable for Zimbabwe in all the formats.

Regis Chakabva 8/10
I did not know that Regis could bat like he batted throughout the ODI and T20 series. Good strike rotation and very attacking as well when needed.Those performances will give a great deal of confidence to his batting. He now has become a very important member of the team in all the formats. His rise will definitely give some good options for Zimbabwe at the top in shorter formats. Apart from those power hittings his strike rotation is almost immaculate.

Wes Madhevere 9/10
Super talented yes but more importantly he is proving his talent with some very solid knocks and a wicket here and there with his offie. He had a great series overall and this kid will become better with each series and i think his best batting position is at the top so they need to keep him at the top.

Ryan Burl 8/10
he clearly proved that he could be the real solution for Zimbabwe at that number 7 as finisher with those two very rapid 30s and a quickfire 50s in the ODI . I would love to see him work on his batting particularly on strike rotation. Very strong on on-side but bit weak on off-side. Teams will study his game so he needs to add few more shots on off-side in his repertoire to stay one step ahead of the bowlers.

Dion Myers 7/10
This kid is super talented and there is no question about that. He got starts literally in all those ODIs and T20s and it surely is a mental problem or poor shot selection that he failed to convert those starts into something big but he will learn and these series will serve as huge learning curve.

Blessing Muzarabani 8/10

Had a reasonable outings but not too good by his standards. I wonder how dangerous and lethal he could be if he adds some extra pace to his bowling. 24 years of age, a very bright future ahead if he could avoid major injury problems like the one Chatara had. He could be playing in IPL in next few years. Gotta build some muscle around those biceps and add some more pace.

Tadiwanashe Marumani 5/10
Zimbabwe need to persist with this kid. showed a glimpse of his ability to clear boundaries with ease in the final T20s. Barely 19 years of age, with time, this kid have the potential to become a very attacking batsman who can give flying starts which other openers Zimbabwe had in the past failed for years to provide at the top. Those A series will do a world of good to him.

Sikandar Raza 6/10
Had a reasonable series but I am sure he would not be pleased with his performances in those 3 T20s. We all know what he can do with the bat. Hopefully he will come good in those crucial super league ODI games against Ireland.

Richard Ngarava 5/10
He looks like the quickest pacer Zimbabwe have right now although there was no speed gun in those matches to track bowlers' speed but he apparently hurries some of those Bangladeshi batsmen regularly. His major problem is being very erratic with his line and length. His accuracy needs a big improvement.

Tendai Chatara 4/10
He is not the same bowler he was around 2015, pace has evidently gone down, used to be very accurate with his line and length. At the age of 30, he may have two or three years in his tank at the most. Who knows he could still revive his career.

Luke Jongwe 1/10
Probably the weakest link in the team, had one good game against Pakistan. He is a huge disappointment for Zimbabwe. His batting has gone downhill, those 4 balls he played for 1 run literally lost the game for Zimbabwe in the final T20. No pace in his bowling, those slow balls may work on sticky picthes. At 26 years of age, time is on his side to improve his game but the question is will he?. I am afraid that he is treading on the same path Chibhabha and Maruma treaded.

Tinashe Kamunhukamwe 0.5/10
He bats like Solomon Mire, their physiques look very identical but his batting ability is nowhere near Solo. He is very vulnerable against pace but he is unfortunately even more vulnerable against quality spinners who bowl those arm balls and googlies. At the age 26, he can still work on his batting.

Tarisai Musakanda 2/10
I think most of the members on this forum rated him very highly. I am afraid that his batting is going downhill. The kid needs an urgent wake-up call to turn things around. Still 26 years of age clearly there is time to work on his batting. Very electric and lively on the field and took some good catches at long on boundary.

Donald Tiripano 3/10
Had a forgettable series, failed to chip in with those handy runs he score down the order. His game in my opinion suits the test format, he can clearly bat long if there is no need to score quick runs in specified time and overs and he can bowl those long spells as well.

Wellington Masakadza 7/10
In the shorter format, he is quite handy and he bowled really well in the second T20 especially. I would not mind him being in the ODIs and T20s with the performances he had in the T20s. Needs to work on his arm ball and polish his accuracy a little.
Last edited by lobsang on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Players' ratings from the T20 and ODI series

Post by Yvmnaidu »

where is Wellington masakdza..he is waste..chisoro is best..but he not picked...we should give chance to
nyangani,brightonchipangu,victorchirwa,malcolmchikuwa,aishacibanda these five spinner can play for A series..ndvolu,mufudza is waste in international matches

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Wes Medhevere very soon will be the number 1 allrounder in shorter format. He should continue to put effort in both of his skills.

After Shakib, Nabi, Jadeja, Stokes, allrounder competition of this generation will be among Medhevere, Hasaranga, Chase, Sundar
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:42 am
Wes Medhevere very soon will be the number 1 allrounder in shorter fotmat. He should continue to put effort in both of his skills.

After Shakib, Nabi, Jadeja, Stokes, allrounder competition of this generation will be among Medhevere, Hasaranga, Chase

roston chase is pretty old

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yvmnaidu wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 am
where is Wellington masakdza..he is waste..chisoro is best..but he not picked...we should give chance to
nyangani,brightonchipangu,victorchirwa,malcolmchikuwa,aishacibanda these five spinner can play for A series..ndvolu,mufudza is waste in international matches
B3B1D594-CAC8-4388-88E2-3BF1BD14AD6E.jpeg
B3B1D594-CAC8-4388-88E2-3BF1BD14AD6E.jpeg (461.13 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Some of these scores are very much on the higher side. No way Burl is getting 8, equal to that of Muzarabani. Also, Regis getting 8 and Wes getting 9 is an anomaly too. Regis must be at the top with close followers in Blessing and Wes for me. Raza basically had one good knock. Can't be as high as 6 either.

I'll wait for jaybro's (where is he?) or Kriterion's scoring :).

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:01 pm
Some of these scores are very much on the higher side. No way Burl is getting 8, equal to that of Muzarabani. Also, Regis getting 8 and Wes getting 9 is an anomaly too. Regis must be at the top with close followers in Blessing and Wes for me. Raza basically had one good knock. Can't be as high as 6 either.

Burl played a fine knock in the last ODI and then two gamechanging brisk 30s in the T20s do warrant a score of 8 for sure. I believe that if he had played those three deliveries that Jongwe wasted in the penultimate over Zimbabwe could have won the T20 series. In hindsight, I would give 5 stars to Raza, he performed ok in the two ODIs he was part of.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Will look to post my marks tomorrow. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)