Zimbabwe Emerging vs Namibia

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe Emerging vs Namibia

Post by CholeZimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:27 pm
ZIMFAN wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:56 pm
Just piggybacking on the Brad Evans question, if we know his status moving forward?

Also is Dion Myers sticking around or not?
It will be a surprise to me if Myers doesn't stick around. By the look of it I'm absolutely convinced he is a future captain and will lead Zimbabwe national team for a long time.
Definitely a future captain.

https://www.sundaynews.co.zw/dion-myers ... am-leader/

https://www.herald.co.zw/from-backyard- ... world-cup/

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Namibians looks serious side demolished quite good South African domestic A side recently in the shorter format.

Teams like Namibia, Canada, Netherlands, UAE, Scotland playing the game for so long still they failed to reached the next level of the game.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:45 pm
Namibians looks serious side demolished quite good South African domestic A side recently in the shorter format.

Teams like Namibia, Canada, Netherlands, UAE, Scotland playing the game for so long still they failed to reached the next level of the game.
The ICC is partly to blame for this for centralizing cricket. By now there should proper 2 tier leagues both for ODIs and Test Cricket. Then obviously the shorter stuff and domestic t20 leagues across the world to generate the revenues.

WTC would be top 8 teams, with bottom team relegated and 4 teams in the second division, with winner promoted. and a WTC Final.

ODI league also split into half. Top 12 teams with bottom team relegated, 2nd bottom playing a promotion/relegation tri series
Bottom 12 teams with winner promoted and position 2 and 3 playing in the promotion/relegation tri series
1st Division top 8 play the champions trophy, Top 12 play at the next WC, cycle begins again.

A typical tour home or away would include minimum 2 tests and 3 ODIs (for league points) whatever else you play is per board agreements i.e no league points. e.g 1st 2 ashes tests will be for points, the rest to make up the ashes series.

This will keep fans interested, keeping up with logs etc. and do away with those lousy team rankings that do not make sense, people will just look at the log table. Only players would be ranked. Best performers get to play in the big t20 leagues.

Everyone will play a lot of cricket and Zim players won't have to wait 3-4 months again before some meaningless series or lone test match is played.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Will are going to get thrashed, a load of last years under 19s are going.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Lol Ive just heard the rumoured squad - it’s basically the U19’s. We are taking a fairly large squad to Ireland I think (16-20) so you can imagine how youthful this squad for Namibia is.

It will please most of us to see a squad like that. But we have to be realistic and realise we are going to get absolutely smashed by Namibia.

Team departs tomorrow morning.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:16 pm
Lol Ive just heard the rumoured squad - it’s basically the U19’s. We are taking a fairly large squad to Ireland I think (16-20) so you can imagine how youthful this squad for Namibia is.

It will please most of us to see a squad like that. But we have to be realistic and realise we are going to get absolutely smashed by Namibia.

Any names we might recognise

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:44 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Any names we might recognise
Apparently Bawa is going.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Mudzinganyama is going.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Right excellent. Two names straight away which please me. Is Bawa a gem?

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:

you reckon it will be streamed? and when will the squad be announced?