Zimbabwe Emerging vs Namibia

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Emerging vs Namibia

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I still lol at Chamu Chibhabhas selection.
His career has been on the decline to Joke levels.

Emerging? Negro please. He would be the poster boy for the. ‘Zimbabwe declining’ side of there ever was one.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:09 am
Emerging? Negro please. He would be the poster boy for the. ‘Zimbabwe declining’ side of there ever was one.
"declining" - still in present tense? :D

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

my squad is worst. but they are future cricketers. they can learn atleast. zim lost match because of lack of hitters and lack of good bowlers

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yvmnaidu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:46 pm
my squad is worst. but they are future cricketers. they can learn atleast. zim lost match because of lack of hitters and lack of good bowlers
Fuck me what a genius analyst we have here.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:12 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
These guys will find ways to drop further as they hang onto their 50 dollars a week income. They are happy to tarnish their name.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

James bond of cricket. u r genius. can u win 3 to 4 series for zim cricket

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yvmnaidu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:06 pm
James bond of cricket. u r genius. can u win 3 to 4 series for zim cricket
Here’s a deal.
You construct a proper sentence with a coherent thought that goes beyond ‘Zimbabwe need (enter misspelt cricketers name from the past)’ and I’ll win your 3 series.

Both have as much as a chance as happening as each other.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:58 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:12 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
These guys will find ways to drop further as they hang onto their 50 dollars a week income. They are happy to tarnish their name.
Well, yeah. We could possibly arrange a series against Bujumbura tier 4 club teams and see if some of these guys can do any better.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:02 am
I get that people are collectively scarred and terrified by the likes of Chari, Chibhabha, Mutumbami etc - but the fact is - and this is a fact - we've played a lot of senior cricket this year and those guys haven't been involved in any of it. Chari and Chibhabha have missed out on the last 4 or 5 national squads and Mutumbami the last 3. Kasuza & Kaia have never been involved in limited overs squads before. As I have very clearly demonstrated, there's about 12 or 13 people who have been recently picked for their batting alone ahead of any of these guys. Unless we suddenly have 6 or more injuries amongst batsman, none of these guys are anywhere near the team.

I respect opinions Kriterion. But there's very clear fact that there at least 22 guys who are being consistently selected ahead of any of the guys in Namibia. This is just fact from current and recent selections. Some of the players in Namibia are third choice, some are fourth choice. A week ago I bet half the poster son here would never have heard of Steven Saul, Bennett or Tendekai Mataranyika. They probably would have been about 10th choice for their positions a week ago.

I actually reckon even Bangladesh would struggle in Namibia if they sent third or fourth choice players. So would Ireland, Afghanistan and probably even the Windies. So our depth isn't fantastic, but who is surprised by that? The fact we could field two full XI's before any of these guys were picked is decent depth for a small cricketing country with its multitude of problems. Not even mentioning the dozen or two dozen players unavailable overseas.

There's three points here;

- People are being overly fearful that some of these guys are near the national team when they pretty clearly are not anymore.
- Namibia are a much better team than people think.
- The use of the word 'Emerging' for this team was wrong, yes. In reality it should have been Zimbabwe C. I think there might be some regulation about using 'A' etc if it isn't against a full member, so I guess they just plumped with 'Emerging' - probably the first word they thought of. Yeah its frustrating, as half the squad aren't emerging. And yeah, I'm as frustrated as any of you about these guys being involved this week. But who else do we have other than sending an entirely U19 or unknown side, which presumably Namibia would have been very pissed off about and wouldn't stand for, seeing as this is crucial prep for their world cup.

The tour was disappointing. I'm disappointed. But it's not 'embarrassing' and I'm certainly not too worried about it really.
Yvmnaidu wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:53 am
garethchirawu, ashleymafauadya, rodneymufudza, trevormutsamba, williammashinge, kudamachake, syndey murombo, tonymunyonga, keithjaure, tashingamuseikwa, Clive madande, chipangu, chesa. these are emerging players
The majority of these are worse cricketers than the guys we sent. But you wouldn't know this, because you've never seen a single one of them play.
I tried to pick 2 squads based on the most recent Pro50 and Logan Cup squads without picking any of the current "emerging" teams guys but as you could see I ended up picking a few.

To me, Mumba and Nyauchi are first teamers and they played in the Emerging series in Namibia. They surely aren't the "third" or "fourth" eleven. Ainsley actually had very good numbers in the most recent Pro 50, so he's probably up there as a lead spinner right behind Chisoro and Nyumbu.

To me it was a squad in between an A team and the "third string" squad. Heck, when I get time I'll assign numbers (1, 2, 3) to each player corresponding to first/second/third XI and see what the squads average comes out to be. Only way to settle this controversey definitely. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ODI First XI:

1) Chakabva (WK)
2) Madhevere
3) Ervine
4) Taylor
5) Williams
6) Raza
7) Burl
8) Jongwe
9) Ngarava
10) Blessing
11) Chatara

2nd XI - not really in batting order

1) Marumani
2) K-long
3) Musakanda
4) Myers
5) Chari
6) Kunje
7) Kaitano
8) Wellington
9) Mumba
10) Nyauchi
11) Ndovolu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I mean, Mumba has missed out on the last 5 or 6 national squads so whilst he may be a first teamer in your view, it's just categorically not the case in reality. Not before this Namibia tour anyway. Maybe he will be after his good performance this week - he's obviously 'emerged'!

It's over 2 years since Ndlovu played a white ball game for the national team. Wellington, Chisoro and Chipungu are clearly ahead in the selection order and I'd argue Burl & Raza would probably be picked for their spin alone ahead of him as well. Ainsley did well in 1 of the six games but yeah - spin really is the one area we could do with 'finding' someone!

And I'm not necessarily saying this is the order I'd pick people; it's just from what we have witnessed in the past year from actual selections. We've been blessed with a lot of cricket so for once we actually have an idea of the wider squad and player pool. The fact that the squad going to Ireland is basically unchanged (+ Williams/Ervine) from the Bangladesh squad shows the selectors have a very good idea of who is in their plans. And at the moment that doesn't include the guys in Namibia.....

It's a shame we don't have more depth, and that our third XI is pretty awful. But at least these guys aren't in the main squad at the moment. It would be nice to have India or England's depth obviously, but I think we do okay considering we lose half of our players overseas anyway.....