Zimbabwe declining XI squad

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe declining XI squad

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

eugene wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:53 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:11 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:05 am
would it be alright if i opened a thread to send links to news articles regarding zimbabwean circket?
Would be better to open separate thread for each news article link shared - that way, that specific news can be discussed in the thread.

In the heydays of ZCF, at least zimfan1 and I would hunt down the news even remotely related to Zim Cricket and post here in new threads that got the discussions going.

Please start this again! :)
ZCF is far-removed from its heyday, perhaps we should put ourselves in the Declining XI? Do I need to publish a ZCF Declining XI at the end of each year also?
That's a brilliant idea :D

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

eugene wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:53 pm

ZCF is far-removed from its heyday, perhaps we should put ourselves in the Declining XI? Do I need to publish a ZCF Declining XI at the end of each year also?
Although I only took the plunge to post in the past year, I've been a regular reader of the forum for many many years and its sad that it is so quiet and low quality compared to the heyday. I used to spend hours reading some of the discussions on here! Regret not joining back then.

I think the decline is a combination of a lack of moderation, losing a handful of excellent posters, and acquiring a couple of incessant Indian trolls who spoil things. That's the killer for me. At least they usually disappear for a while when a series ends, so thats something to look forward to next week!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZCF was quite the place back in 2007-2012.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Indeed, 2007 to 2012 was a golden age for ZCF. Proud to have been posting in it

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm
Just like ZC and ZC's golden era. Even here, the admins are clueless, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:07 pm
sloandog wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm
Just like ZC and ZC's golden era. Even here, the admins are clueless, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not sure why there's so much radio silence. I don't get it. I wouldn't mind putting myself out there to moderate the site. I've been here for 12 years and I've posted like the DOGG on a regular basis. We do need to seriously thing about cleansing the forum, we've been massively infiltrated by the subcontinent trolls