Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:45 pm
This game was like the equivalent of Ymnaidu and mueddie having a debate.
Simile of the century :lol: :lol: :lol:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:38 pm
sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 pm
Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 pm
Where are all the guys now that are always complaining about the coach? You can't deny that in the last 3 or 4 series, our T20 game has improved considerably. I remember when we used to get regularly blown out in T20 games but the last few series we could have easily won... Shows how little some people here know about cricket
I'm right here mate, not gone.
I wouldn't say we won rather Ireland completely capitulated and had the biggest brain fart in cricketing history. Our team selection was appalling today and our bowlers managed to claw this back. Jongwe looks like he's turning into a more thsn handy LO bowling option. Burl again with the ball and Wellington has made me eat humble pie once again, excellent from him.
The batting was a shit show though and yo leave out arguably your greatest ever white ball batter just shows how shit Rajput is as a coach.

Don't think that just because we scraped him here he's forgiven and has turned things around. Win the series and then we'll discuss

That's the problem with some posters on here that foolishly believe that "white" equals better. Always recommending white captains, white coaches, white players and think that will solve the team's problems.

Results wise, this coach is not far off others before him and in fact, the team has improved in the T20 format. Setting aside whatever personal issues he has at the moment with a few players (who are old and retiring soon anyway), his criticism has been a bit harsh and shows the lack of basic cricketing knowledge from a lot of guys on here
Talk about mis reading a post. I said greatest white ball players, not white players. Like many of the black population in Zimbabwe (not all), there's this bullshit about white and black which acts as a trigger to discuss race. Your tunnel vision and misreading of what I said essentially showed off the wonderful chip on your shoulder. Idiot

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

By no means am I defending Rajput and No, I haven't changed my mind with just one T20 win, but I'm just throwing a possibility.

What if Rajput thinks that in T20s it's time to experiment with the youngsters, because generally a lot of top teams have experimented in T20 format, throwing in youngsters and grooming them.

As ODIs are important considering the WSL points and tests are always important (although Zimbabwe don't play as much) so Rajput might want the senior players to contribute towards Zimbabwe's 2023 WC qualification and leave T20s to the younger ones.

I'm just throwing a possibility, I don't know. Personally I still believe the Fab 4 should be a part of T20s too because there is an important T20 WC and T20 WC qualifiers to be had.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

slcricfan1 wrote:
BugsBunny wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:29 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:18 pm
Rajput must be feeling vindicated.

But on a serious note, there is no way Shumba should be playing T20s. He can be a much better bet in tests and ODIs. He has the game but not for T20s. Imagine Taylor in place of Shumba today. I hope it happens in the next game.

Secondly Chatara is terribly out of form, Blessing in for him the next game.
Marumani also needs to go. Waste of balls and also encouraging for the opposition He has played in the last 7-8 T20s and his batting has been pathetic. Blindly swinging the bat will get you an odd 4/6 if lucky, but if we look at his scoring rate, the opening spot is not for him. We want the best batsman to face most of the bowling and being an opener the expectations would be high.

marumani and shumba must be persevered with. There is no one else. These guys are 19/20 and you are all expecting them to score 50s after a couple series. Zimbabwe are now entering transition. it will be tough but these guys will undoubtedly improve.

Good to see Jongwe and Ngrava bowling well after the BD series where they looked out of form sometimes. Regis has also shown he has improved signifixantly.
If they are going to be perseveered with mate they need to play in the correct positions. Shumba should simply be nowwhere near this side, not with Brendan Taylor waiting in the background. Marumani has the talent and I really do think he'll come good. But the kid needs a game plan. You can't just go out and slog wildly and then dot up. Just rotate the strike and hit the bad ball. He'll get there though. There's more talent in these lads than there was in the 2006 generation

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:04 pm
By no means am I defending Rajput and No, I haven't changed my mind with just one T20 win, but I'm just throwing a possibility.

What if Rajput thinks that in T20s it's time to experiment with the youngsters, because generally a lot of top teams have experimented in T20 format, throwing in youngsters and grooming them.

As ODIs are important considering the WSL points and tests are always important (although Zimbabwe don't play as much) so Rajput might want the senior players to contribute towards Zimbabwe's 2023 WC qualification and leave T20s to the younger ones.

I'm just throwing a possibility, I don't know. Personally I still believe the Fab 4 should be a part of T20s too because there is an important T20 WC and T20 WC qualifiers to be had.
but then why is muzarabani out? That is the most confusing to me

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

True, that was a shocker unless he is ill or injured.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

sam_ahm wrote:

Mr Tich on Twitter: Inexperience costing 🇿🇼 as the 4 youngest players in the team, Madhevere , Marumani, Myers and Shumba who are all under 21 have put a total of 19 runs combined.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:05 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
BugsBunny wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Marumani also needs to go. Waste of balls and also encouraging for the opposition He has played in the last 7-8 T20s and his batting has been pathetic. Blindly swinging the bat will get you an odd 4/6 if lucky, but if we look at his scoring rate, the opening spot is not for him. We want the best batsman to face most of the bowling and being an opener the expectations would be high.

marumani and shumba must be persevered with. There is no one else. These guys are 19/20 and you are all expecting them to score 50s after a couple series. Zimbabwe are now entering transition. it will be tough but these guys will undoubtedly improve.

Good to see Jongwe and Ngrava bowling well after the BD series where they looked out of form sometimes. Regis has also shown he has improved signifixantly.
If they are going to be perseveered with mate they need to play in the correct positions. Shumba should simply be nowwhere near this side, not with Brendan Taylor waiting in the background. Marumani has the talent and I really do think he'll come good. But the kid needs a game plan. You can't just go out and slog wildly and then dot up. Just rotate the strike and hit the bad ball. He'll get there though. There's more talent in these lads than there was in the 2006 generation
yeah of course but this stuff takes time. Theyll come good. Marumani will come good and like you said he needs a game plan. This will definitely come with game time. Shumba I agree shouldnt have played today, but he should be near these guys and training with them. However he should be groomed for test and odi . They will both come good. We just need to wait it out as awful as it may be. Not like theres any real benefit in points. However Im completley against seniors being antagonized. There needs to be at least 2 playing in each game to bring some stability

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:11 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

True, that was a shocker unless he is ill or injured.
did anyone see him?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sam_ahm wrote:

Obviously Williams should be more important for ZC than Rajput and its a no brainer. But there is some sense in this, and also not right to assume and comment on things knowing only one side of the story as it stands now. Again, with a disclaimer that this is not a defense of Rajput.