Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Post by Donald »

I believe marumani should continue to play. He bossed it in the Zimbabwe 20 20 and this is clearly His format.

Unlike shumba. Taylor needs to come in for him next match and muzarabani for the woeful Chatara

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Did not expect Zimbabwe to win especially in such a tight situation. But Zimbabwe have won quite a few games from unwinnable positions in recent years (AFG in the WC qualifiers).

Well done to the lads. Lot of work remains, especially for the Super League matches ahead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Donald

Post by Donald »

Chakabva has certainly turned into a match winner this year.
I remember his cameo against Afghanistan in the first test where he scored 30 odd in quick time with Sean Williams in a low scoring match. That turned it I think.
And now his innings against Ireland. I never thought he had it in him, He has saved a few tests for Zimbabwe with his slow batting but I'm liking the Regis Chakhabva mark 2.

Long may he continue to slog. Revelation of the year for me as a Zimbabwean batsman turning it around.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Not really sure how we wont that, but it is no means any justification for Rajput. If anyone thinks it's vindication for him and the board, they don't understand the game or bigger picture.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

PSR wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:08 pm
Chatara looks done, doesn't deserve anymore games
The irish seem to play him very well and go after him, quite a bit. I think he is old news too, time to persist with another upcoming young seamer or quick bowler. The problem is there is no one coming through the ranks who can take his spot so we may be stuck with him for a bit.
Unless they start looking a Mashinge or Chivanga

Chatara is Definitely the weakest link in this bowing attack, he has lost his touch

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:02 pm
Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:38 pm
sloandog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 pm

I'm right here mate, not gone.
I wouldn't say we won rather Ireland completely capitulated and had the biggest brain fart in cricketing history. Our team selection was appalling today and our bowlers managed to claw this back. Jongwe looks like he's turning into a more thsn handy LO bowling option. Burl again with the ball and Wellington has made me eat humble pie once again, excellent from him.
The batting was a shit show though and yo leave out arguably your greatest ever white ball batter just shows how shit Rajput is as a coach.

Don't think that just because we scraped him here he's forgiven and has turned things around. Win the series and then we'll discuss

That's the problem with some posters on here that foolishly believe that "white" equals better. Always recommending white captains, white coaches, white players and think that will solve the team's problems.

Results wise, this coach is not far off others before him and in fact, the team has improved in the T20 format. Setting aside whatever personal issues he has at the moment with a few players (who are old and retiring soon anyway), his criticism has been a bit harsh and shows the lack of basic cricketing knowledge from a lot of guys on here
Talk about mis reading a post. I said greatest white ball players, not white players. Like many of the black population in Zimbabwe (not all), there's this bullshit about white and black which acts as a trigger to discuss race. Your tunnel vision and misreading of what I said essentially showed off the wonderful chip on your shoulder. Idiot
It's always quite easy to tell the IQ of a person by how quickly they resort to name calling rather putting forward an intelligent argument

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:22 am
Very odd camera angles, don't know where the ball is going. Don't know where the fielders are throwing.

Very poor telecast Ireland. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
People here are very critical of ZC but one thing they have been able to do consistently is make sure that we have a decent broadcaster for all the games played between any full member teams.

The Irish seem to be broadcasting using mobile phones and home made cameras, the angles and telecast was horrible the tv commentary was below standard.

I hope they are not going to be broadcasting the rest of the one day games like this.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:11 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:04 pm
By no means am I defending Rajput and No, I haven't changed my mind with just one T20 win, but I'm just throwing a possibility.

What if Rajput thinks that in T20s it's time to experiment with the youngsters, because generally a lot of top teams have experimented in T20 format, throwing in youngsters and grooming them.

As ODIs are important considering the WSL points and tests are always important (although Zimbabwe don't play as much) so Rajput might want the senior players to contribute towards Zimbabwe's 2023 WC qualification and leave T20s to the younger ones.

I'm just throwing a possibility, I don't know. Personally I still believe the Fab 4 should be a part of T20s too because there is an important T20 WC and T20 WC qualifiers to be had.
but then why is muzarabani out? That is the most confusing to me
True, that was a shocker unless he is ill or injured.
Anybody who knows cricket...knows about competition...
Chatara, Jongwe and Ngarava are competing for spots in the squad Odi squad this the time to know who u go with...
Right now Jongwe and Ngarava are ahead...
Welly is being looked at whether to have him in with Burl ...or just go with the usual bowling unit of Raza , sean and Burl...

Burl
Jongwe or Chatara / u can include Tiripano too
Welly or Raza
Ngarava
Blessing
It's a balancing act on batting or bowling

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:11 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm

but then why is muzarabani out? That is the most confusing to me
True, that was a shocker unless he is ill or injured.
Anybody who knows cricket...knows about competition...
Chatara, Jongwe and Ngarava are competing for spots in the squad Odi squad this the time to know who u go with...
Right now Jongwe and Ngarava are ahead...
Welly is being looked at whether to have him in with Burl ...or just go with the usual bowling unit of Raza , sean and Burl...

Burl
Jongwe or Chatara / u can include Tiripano too
Welly or Raza
Ngarava
Blessing
It's a balancing act on batting or bowling
hahahaaha respect. didnt come to mind

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 pm

It's always quite easy to tell the IQ of a person by how quickly they resort to name calling rather putting forward an intelligent argument
You can tell a lot about a person when they completely misread a post, create an issue from that misread, and then don't up own to their error. You can tell a lot about a person who makes sweeping assumptions without any basis or fact.

You claim Rajput has done better than previous coaches, when in reality he has only hit new lows. Not a single ODI win against a full member. Series losses to Ireland and Netherlands. A loss against Singapore. Massive defeat against Afghanistan, now he is overseeing the complete disrespect of his national captain.

I get that older players need to move on at times, but there is a decorum in how one does so, Rajput hasn't done that. It is also well known that he has fished for other jobs whilst at ZC, not giving his all, and spent lots of time in India not even watching our cricket.

Rajput is not responsible for these young players coming through. They were always in the system and going to come through. What he is responsible for his their development, and so far, until now, only Wes has shown some development, the rest has been below par and going nowhere quickly.

So next time you want to call out someone for not putting forward an intelligent argument, perhaps you would like to put forward one of your own first.