Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Xlife wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:42 pm
Xlife wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 pm

It's always quite easy to tell the IQ of a person by how quickly they resort to name calling rather putting forward an intelligent argument
You can tell a lot about a person when they completely misread a post, create an issue from that misread, and then don't up own to their error. You can tell a lot about a person who makes sweeping assumptions without any basis or fact.

You claim Rajput has done better than previous coaches, when in reality he has only hit new lows. Not a single ODI win against a full member. Series losses to Ireland and Netherlands. A loss against Singapore. Massive defeat against Afghanistan, now he is overseeing the complete disrespect of his national captain.

I get that older players need to move on at times, but there is a decorum in how one does so, Rajput hasn't done that. It is also well known that he has fished for other jobs whilst at ZC, not giving his all, and spent lots of time in India not even watching our cricket.

Rajput is not responsible for these young players coming through. They were always in the system and going to come through. What he is responsible for his their development, and so far, until now, only Wes has shown some development, the rest has been below par and going nowhere quickly.

So next time you want to call out someone for not putting forward an intelligent argument, perhaps you would like to put forward one of your own first.

I admit I misread that small portion of the quote, however the jist of the message was still the same, certain members of this forum heavily favour white players, coaches and captains. There is no denying that fact as the evidence is there for all to see in the forum history. What makes GB a better coach, what credentials does he have that other black coaches don't have? Why are you always in favour of Taylor, Erbine, Williams etc to captain the side but I almost never see posts from supporting black players as captain? e.g Chakabva

At no point did I say that Rajput was great or the best coach we've had... I'm talking about Zims T20 performances that have improved since he arrived. It clearly used to be our weakest format yet with a bit of luck, we could have easily won our last 3 T20 series. Today we won a game we traditionally would have lost by 8 or 9 wickets with 5 overs to spare.

Some people only choose to see what they want to see based on their narrative
One year ago everyone here wanted to discard Regis.
He’s gone up a level this year, but we shouldn’t reward one good year with captaincy. We don’t know if it’s genuine improvement or just a purple patch yet either. There is every chance that he has a run of failure soon and gets discarded.
The Fab 4 have performed relatively consistently for years. Ervine and Willo have only improved with time. Although Raza is having a run of bad form atm This is something in general our black batsman have lacked.
Hammy for example could have been a genuine 40 average test batsman, but he never pushed himself once his position was safe and he made peace with management..
As of now, not one black Zimbabwean batsmen has peaked when they should have in their early 30s. Not one. They all experienced their best years in their early 20s.
Why is this? Hammy went into cruise control when he was safe but why the others?
If Regis keeps it up, he will literally be the first. Fingers crossed.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland First T2O

Post by The Robot »

ZC should also appoint Bruce Sivanda, Nyumbhu, Mutiazwa for bringing new talents
Robo to rule :oops: