Zimbabwe vs Ireland Second T20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Zimbabwe vs Ireland Second T20

Post by zimlover »

With Zimbabwean bowlers wining us the first game, I am not expecting them to do it again twice in a row. Lets see if the batting group can come to the party. We should expect the Irish to come back strong.

If there any changes to the winning XI, i would expect Musakanda to come in for Shumba.Musakanda is a great fielder and rarely drops catches.

I personally would like to see Murumani persisted with , he is a very confident young man and is not afraid to express him self, with the way he has been going in the last few games, i am starting to loose my patience with his shot selection, he goes to hard at everything, i would like to see him try and pick up a single and rotate the strike a bit.

Chatara is starting to look like very ordinary,I dont think he will ever come back to pre injury levels to me he is the weakest link in the team.

Anywhere let the kids play and develop freely, let them express themselves.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/zim ... cket-score

Tinah09

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland Second T20

Post by Tinah09 »

Yeah, Chatara's best days are way behind him plus the emergence of Muzarabani, Mumba, Ngarava, Nyauchi renders him surplus to require. Shumba isnt a short-format batsman, that should be apparent to everyone. Marumani could do with being dropped. You need to keep these kids hungry. As promising as they are, they need to perform, after all, capable batsmen (Raza, Taylor and Williams) have been sacrificed to make way for them.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Can we get a link for today's game??

Donald

Post by Donald »

I don't know why the Selectors think shumba is a 20 20 player.
Where are the stats to back this up?
Though he did effectively win a match against South Africa A with a patient 50 in a one day match. . He is more suited to tests and One day internationals I think as a solidifying precence

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Donald wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:13 am
I don't know why the Selectors think shumba is a 20 20 player.
Where are the stats to back this up?
Though he did effectively win a match against South Africa A with a patient 50 in a one day match. . He is more suited to tests and One day internationals I think as a solidifying precence
they are just giving him experience

Donald

Post by Donald »

Marumani has to play the first 3 20 20 matches at least.

I think we all saw how tough it was to bat. Even Kevin o Brian looked like a sub standard club cricketer first ten balls . Was very two paced.

Hopefully a better pitch today

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Tinah09 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:53 am
Yeah, Chatara's best days are way behind him plus the emergence of Muzarabani, Mumba, Ngarava, Nyauchi renders him surplus to require. Shumba isnt a short-format batsman, that should be apparent to everyone. Marumani could do with being dropped. You need to keep these kids hungry. As promising as they are, they need to perform, after all, capable batsmen (Raza, Taylor and Williams) have been sacrificed to make way for them.
they dont need to play these matches unlike the odis

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

I think unless Muzarabani is fully fit he won’t be risked in the t20s . I don’t have any news on his injury of if it is just a fitness thing, but I’d prefer him to be fully fit before he plays.

If we lose him for the ODis it will be a disaster.

My change would be shumba out, then musakanda in. I can’t remember the full status on Taylor if he is available now or not, if so Taylor instead.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Streams??

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Donald wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:47 am
Streams??
Try this:
https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1mrxmwMaEnDGy