What do YOU want from the new coach?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: What do YOU want from the new coach?

Post by Donald »

What was shumba like with the bat today? Innovative shots or just scoring off bad balls?
Kids got oodles of talent but needs work same as myers.

Hsvent given up on marumani. He owned that Zimbabwe 20 20 tournament with 4 50s....However people are seeing it in the context of their favourite players being dropped. Marumani is certainly deserving of a spot but when do we give him a break?

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Donald wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:22 pm
What was shumba like with the bat today? Innovative shots or just scoring off bad balls?
Kids got oodles of talent but needs work same as myers.

Hsvent given up on marumani. He owned that Zimbabwe 20 20 tournament with 4 50s....However people are seeing it in the context of their favourite players being dropped. Marumani is certainly deserving of a spot but when do we give him a break?
yep same

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

It's october now :?
What's the future of zimbabwe coaching staff now? Is zimbabwe cricket still going to stuck with these group of people.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Marshmallow wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:28 am
It's october now :?
What's the future of zimbabwe coaching staff now? Is zimbabwe cricket still going to stuck with these group of people.
If they leave it longer than another week you’d have I think it’ll get extended (even temporarily) or they will appoint a local.
Seems more and more likely it’s Houghton.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Has he not fucked off back to India yet?

If we don't hear anything soon I will be worried. His contract expired earlier this week supposedly.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

The new coach will be comming with lots of tough challenges to achieve in short period

1) To make Zim avoid relegation from the Odi Super League as they are just above Netherlands in the bottom of the table

2) To make Zim qualify for the T20 World Cup 2022
in Australia

3) To make Zim qualify for the 50 Overs World Cup 2023 in India

Massive Task ahead

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

I know this sound crazy but any chance we can get Ricky Pointing or Try and get Dizzy again.I think we have had our fair go with some really good coaches we even had Phill Simmons at one time.

I think we should really consider any of the Ex South African players, I know we can afford a South African player as coach.Bangladesh are doing well with a South African as part of their coaching set up.

I guess it’s not a wild ideas to even try get Cremer he has been doing some coaching for a IPL team development program in UEA.Cremer can be bowling coach he must be a affordable option.

Dave Houghton head coach and Cremer as a bowling coach Is not bad option.

Keep Mastikenyeri as batting coach to balance the race issue. Everyone will be happy.

Rajkumar Sharma

zimlover wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:12 pm
I know this sound crazy but any chance we can get Ricky Pointing or Try and get Dizzy again.I think we have had our fair go with some really good coaches we even had Phill Simmons at one time.

I think we should really consider any of the Ex South African players, I know we can afford a South African player as coach.Bangladesh are doing well with a South African as part of their coaching set up.

I guess it’s not a wild ideas to even try get Cremer he has been doing some coaching for a IPL team development program in UEA.Cremer can be bowling coach he must be a affordable option.

Keep Mastikenyeri as batting coach to balance the race issue. Everyone will be happy.
Matsi & Hondo has been Zero. Due to race card balance, cricket in africa is getting damaged. Skin colour rules over talents, and associate european countries taking huge advantage from it. Race card took away money & talents from Zim.

Namibia cricket team seems away from this race card but once they will rise it will definately come into effect.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:42 pm
zimlover wrote:

Matsi & Hondo has been Zero. Due to race card balance, cricket in africa is getting damaged. Skin colour rules over talents, and associate european countries taking huge advantage from it. Race card took away money & talents from Zim.

Namibia cricket team seems away from this race card but once they will rise it will definately come into effect.
For starters, race is nowhere near as much of an issue in Namibian society as SA or Zim....

Where does race even come into this discussion?! Why are you bringing that up even wtf. As for 'associate European countries' taking 'huge advantage' of Zimbabwean race issues, I can only think of the Netherlands - I can think of only one white Zimbabwean player playing for a European Associate - Snater. I don't think theres many/any African players playing for any other 'European associate'. Most of the associate players in Europe are your kind, aren't they? Maybe you can point out all of the European associates taking 'huge advantage' from Zimbabwean race issues, please? Please do enlighten us with your secret knowledge.

Also, we've had white coaches plenty of times in Zim in recent years and very likely to get another one (Houghton), and we've got a curry man at the moment. Most have been a bit shit, regardless of their colour. We had Streak as coach and a team of 8 white players - probably your wet dream -, and still didn't achieve anything lol.

Race has played a massive part in Zimbabwean cricket (and Zimbabwe as a whole) and remains a hugely contentious point and important subject, but I have literally absolutely no idea how race is relevant to this discussion about Rajput being a catastrophic dickhead and us needing a replacement. Please stay on topic?

And why aren't you banned yet ugh. Still waiting!

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:27 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:42 pm
zimlover wrote:

For starters, race is nowhere near as much of an issue in Namibian society as SA or Zim....

Where does race even come into this discussion?! Why are you bringing that up even wtf. As for 'associate European countries' taking 'huge advantage' of Zimbabwean race issues, I can only think of the Netherlands - I can think of only one white Zimbabwean player playing for a European Associate - Snater. I don't think theres many/any African players playing for any other 'European associate'. Most of the associate players in Europe are your kind, aren't they? Maybe you can point out all of the European associates taking 'huge advantage' from Zimbabwean race issues, please? Please do enlighten us with your secret knowledge.

Also, we've had white coaches plenty of times in Zim in recent years and very likely to get another one (Houghton), and we've got a curry man at the moment. Most have been a bit shit, regardless of their colour. We had Streak as coach and a team of 8 white players - probably your wet dream -, and still didn't achieve anything lol.

Race has played a massive part in Zimbabwean cricket (and Zimbabwe as a whole) and remains a hugely contentious point and important subject, but I have literally absolutely no idea how race is relevant to this discussion about Rajput being a catastrophic dickhead and us needing a replacement. Please stay on topic?

And why aren't you banned yet ugh. Still waiting!
That catastrophic dickhead Rajput made India World Champion in T20 in 2007. That Rajput coaching had a role in Afghanistan cricket in showing the world they deserved full membership.Its not the coach its fucking skill less players and colour politics responsible for team's downfall. Rajput gave Zimbabwe enough performance which other coaches failed to produce, till Zim mentality in firing coaches instead of firing skill less players doesn't stop its hard for them to play any ICC Events

English domestic standard is high and South African players have huge role in it as talented ones left and started playing the game there, even few are now going for Irish Cricket. Few Zimbos are also there in county for their talents as they didn't got enough in Zim.You are big fool laundering here and asking for ban. You should have left the forum which you challenged earlier, why you reply if you don't understand the topic.? It was topic on Matsi that other member mentioned