When was the last time...

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: When was the last time...

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:08 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:43 am

hard to group blessing with those guys when you also have ngarava and jongwe as well
Jongwe has done nothing of note in his career as of yet. Ditto for Ngarava. Blessing has run through Pakistan a couple of times and hence is a couple notches ahead of those two.
I’m just playing devils advocate here but Jongwe has similar figures to Blessing. In fact he actually has a better bowling average in both ODIs and T20Is from a similar number of games. :)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:08 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:43 am

hard to group blessing with those guys when you also have ngarava and jongwe as well
Jongwe has done nothing of note in his career as of yet. Ditto for Ngarava. Blessing has run through Pakistan a couple of times and hence is a couple notches ahead of those two.
neither has marumani or myers

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:20 am

I’m just playing devils advocate here but Jongwe has similar figures to Blessing. In fact he actually has a better bowling average in both ODIs and T20Is from a similar number of games. :)
Take the 5 for 6 against Afghanistan out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 am
secretzimbo wrote:

Oh how convenient. I guess this is the same as the pitch debate we had, where you add in a load of ifs, buts, guesses and presumptions whilst ignoring actual evidence or actual stats and actual physical facts in order to fit a (very negative, critical, anti-Zim) agenda. In this particular debate, how about I just arbitrarily remove some stats from Blessing's career for the hell of it too? Let's remove his best performance from his figures too, or remove his wickets against rubbish teams, or whatever the hell makes my point look better?

Obviously Jongwe is not in the same league as Blessing, he's not even half the bowler. Blessing is world class, Jongwe is not.

but you are being unnecessarily harsh again. Utterly ridiculous to say 'Never done anything of note in his career' . Really?! Re-establishing himself as an international cricketer and an integral part of the Zim team after finding himself homeless and a certified alcoholic is something pretty noteworthy already. He has excellent career bowling figures in white ball cricket, better than even I thought when I checked them actually. He has played an important role in us winning matches as recently as last week....

Took 4-18 in a T20I against Pakistan a few months ago to single handedly win us that match.

I could go on.....

Jongwe is a vital part of the white ball team currently. You're impossible to please.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:49 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:18 am
secretzimbo wrote:

Oh how convenient. I guess this is the same as the pitch debate we had, where you add in a load of ifs, buts, guesses and presumptions whilst ignoring actual evidence or actual stats and actual physical facts in order to fit a (very negative, critical, anti-Zim) agenda. In this particular debate, how about I just arbitrarily remove some stats from Blessing's career for the hell of it too? Let's remove his best performance from his figures too, or remove his wickets against rubbish teams, or whatever the hell makes my point look better?

Obviously Jongwe is not in the same league as Blessing, he's not even half the bowler. Blessing is world class, Jongwe is not.

but you are being unnecessarily harsh again. Utterly ridiculous to say 'Never done anything of note in his career' . Really?! Re-establishing himself as an international cricketer and an integral part of the Zim team after finding himself homeless and a certified alcoholic is something pretty noteworthy already. He has excellent career bowling figures in white ball cricket, better than even I thought when I checked them actually. He has played an important role in us winning matches as recently as last week....

Took 4-18 in a T20I against Pakistan a few months ago to single handedly win us that match.

I could go on.....

Jongwe is a vital part of the white ball team currently. You're impossible to please.

honestly kinda sad to see zim not chase the other day. We cant keep running away from chasing large scores. Dont think Zimbabwe`s odi side is that bad at all. Ngarava and Blessing are a pretty formidable pair. Im too young for this so who was Zimbabwe`s best opening bowling pair? Im guessing Streak was one