2nd ODI: Zimbabwe vs Ireland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: 2nd ODI: Zimbabwe vs Ireland

Post by tej_27 »

I am still surprised we are still discussing why ervine chose to bowl first ..I mean common green tinge, overcast conditions ..two tall fast bowlers ..anyone would bowl first ..also it's always said side chasing benefits in a rain affected game ...I would prefer us chasing some 230 odd in 30 overs with full 10 wickets rather than chasing 285 in 50 overs..but then while writing this I remembered the UAE game ...oh god nooo..that game still haunts me
Last edited by tej_27 on Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:21 pm
They must have had their reasons. I'm sure Ervine didn't make that decision alone. Problem I think we have is that with DLS every single wicket counts. Where do we play Shumba and Wes if their wickets are absolutely vital to the equation? It's a tricky one.

I hope we get at least 30-35 overs. We get too nervous in these kind of situations. 20 overs could be a death sentence for us
I remember a very famous match were DLS projected us to chase 230 in 40 Overs. Still not over that game
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:21 pm
They must have had their reasons. I'm sure Ervine didn't make that decision alone. Problem I think we have is that with DLS every single wicket counts. Where do we play Shumba and Wes if their wickets are absolutely vital to the equation? It's a tricky one.

I hope we get at least 30-35 overs. We get too nervous in these kind of situations. 20 overs could be a death sentence for us
Wickets will only be relevant to the calculation if they have to go back off again later of course. If its just a 20-over chase from the start then we can just go for it.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I don't want a restart, will be happy to get 5 points for Zimbabwe.

Honestly though a 25 over chase for 188 (as indicated on cricinfo) could help. Zimbabwe

The outfield might be slow, but a wet outfield will also mean wet ball which doesn't turn.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Frantic drying of the wicket and some worried looks on the faces of groundsmen on the stream. Covers must have leaked.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:58 pm
Frantic drying of the wicket and some worried looks on the faces of groundsmen on the stream. Covers must have leaked.
What's the link?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:13 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:58 pm
What's the link?
Stream I was watching has frozen now, just in time for the inspection, ugh! But yeah, BT Sport Extra is still just showing a live view of the ground if you can find a working stream. SuperSport here at home has long switched to other programming!

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Very bad drainage as I said ..it only rained for 40 odd minutes and it's been over an hour now with absolutely no rain yet no restart time

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Next inspection 4.45 local time

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Will the revised target still be under 6 an over?