Rumours......

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Rumours......

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm sorry but this time I don't support the players. A retirement at this stage when a team is coming together quite well will be stupid and also selfish.

I think Raza and Williams want to be a part of next year's T20 WC main event and ofcourse the qualifier. This is not such a big issue at all, they might even get selected, who knows. moreover what is more important is the WSL, 2023 WC qualifier and the main event if they qualify. Don't worry too much about the results, just go out there and enjoy.

This is really dissappointing if true.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:39 am
I'm sorry but this time I don't support the players. A retirement at this stage when a team is coming together quite well will be stupid and also selfish.

I think Raza and Williams want to be a part of next year's T20 WC main event and ofcourse the qualifier. This is not such a big issue at all, they might even get selected, who knows. moreover what is more important is the WSL, 2023 WC qualifier and the main event if they qualify. Don't worry too much about the results, just go out there and enjoy.

This is really dissappointing if true.
unless theres somethng we arent seeing. Either way, I`m disappointed these rumours are emerging

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I get the sense Raza is a bit of a favourite within ZC this past year or two so I would hope they are doing anything they can right now to make him reconsider. They pulled out all the stops for him when he had his health scare a few months ago. He’s very patriotic and passionate about playing for Zim so it would be really sad if he goes. He proved the other day how valuable he can still be.

Williams has always been a bit gobby and emotional, so if he goes ahead with his retirement I’m not convinced ZC will be too upset really. He’s always been a bit of a thorn in their side - I was surprised they made him captain.

I’m not really sure what the original source of any of these rumours are though. Raza is making some sort of announcement this week but it seems like someone somewhere has turned that into ‘player revolt’ and ‘mass retirements’ but I’d take that with a pinch of salt.

Hammy is in Ireland so hopefully he is trying to rectify any issues and stop these ‘announcements’ from being made tomorrow.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Raza is carrying on :D

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:46 pm
Excellent news! I wonder if they’ve persuaded him, or if last nights rumours were just bullshit (or relating to someone else).

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Any clarity in any way would be good.
Where did the rumours start from!?
People in the know? Or Taitenda down at the pub?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:09 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:46 pm
Excellent news! I wonder if they’ve persuaded him, or if last nights rumours were just bullshit (or relating to someone else).
Problem is you don't know who to believe but I am confident that this is the situation for now.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Raza's last tweet says "Honoured to be back representing my country again..." this was tweeted just 2 days back.

It will be a huge surprise if overnight he has decided to call it quits. I don't think so.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:25 pm
Raza's last tweet says "Honoured to be back representing my country again..." this was tweeted just 2 days back.

It will be a huge surprise if overnight he has decided to call it quits. I don't think so.
Its not him for sure then.

Could be Williams. There was never any story published in cricinfo about him unretiring. Hopefully the Big 4 stays on through the end of the 2023 WC campaign. I really can't see anyone quitting before then...but you never know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Well I guess BT is either the rumour, or one of!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*