Breaking... Taylor retires

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
lobsang

Breaking... Taylor retires

Post by lobsang »

Bit shocked to see the announcement on his Instagram, will other seniors follow suit?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Breaking... Taylor retires

Post by sloandog »

Absolutely gutted. This truly is the end of an era for Zimbabwean Cricket and for me personally. Taylor's name on the team sheet has been a part of my life since I watched his debut in 2004. Arguably our greatest ever ODI batter.

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

dalapathy of zimbabwe cricket

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:17 pm
Absolutely gutted. This truly is the end of an era for Zimbabwean Cricket and for me personally. Taylor's name on the team sheet has been a part of my life since I watched his debut in 2004. Arguably our greatest ever ODI batter.
Extremely sad that he chose to walk away, him and other seniors might have been told that they would not be considered for 2022 T20 World Cup in Australia. With Taylor gone, the most attacking Zimbabwe batter in all the formats I hardly see them qualifying for that 2022 T20 World Cup. And if Williams walk away too then it will be a far-fetched dream for them to qualify for 2023 World Cup. 2023 World Cup would have been a great send-off to BT and Co but this decision might have been triggered other issues that are linked with the coach and selectors.

tgk

Post by tgk »

Honestly so gutting. I'm not a Zimbo or anything to have seen BT grow, but the one moment that made me fall for Zimbabwe cricket has to be Brendan Taylor scoring that ton against us in 2015 during the World Cup. Heartbreaking to read and I hope he finds happiness in whatever he chooses to do now. Legend

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Truly shocking. I remember Brendan tweeting about playing another World Cup not so long ago, don't know what has transpired.

Sticking around for 2 more years would have made sense, but it is what it is. Quite sad really.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Now the big question is will Williams walk away too? If he does then the 2 best batters Zimbabwe have right now in the country are riding off into the sunset and with that goes the chances of participating in that marquee 2023 World Cup IMO.
Last edited by lobsang on Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Heartbroken.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Well. This is the beginning of the end. Would have wanted him to retire at home in front of a big crowd.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Probably the saddest day you can get as a Zim supporter.

Weird timing.