[Match thread] Only Test - Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
andybligz93
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match thread] Only Test - Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Post by andybligz93 »

well done vusi great 50 now keep going

Lostart
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Lostart »

Congrats Vusi maiden test 50 :D :D :D

FlowerPower
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by FlowerPower »

hhm wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:I thought the context is (from your viewpoint) Jarvis is better (more suited) to the team than Meth. And what I highlight in red is your justification of this...dont think I have missed the context...but YOU say Meth is more "controlled" more "economical" and gets you WICKETS...but for all his infirior economy, he is an IMPACT bowler...why would I need an impact bowler when I have an equally prolific, more economical one??? Unless you mean Jarvis is an partnership breaker of somesort (which is all hearsay...didnt see it in the warm ups...nor is it evident in his stats)....still I am baffled...please explain...
What I meant is you didn't read how that ties in with the rest of my comment. You are comparing different classes of bowlers. Think tait, lee & harris on one side, then think stuart clark, bollnger, & hilfy on the other.
Sorry to belabour the point, but with all due respect we are talking about seam attack, and yes Jarvis is express and Meth more a medium pacer, I'd never even in a drunken stupor imagine they are the same, my point in in the team context, which bowler is better to have in the team, and I say Meth. What do you want in a bowler 1. Wickets...Meth has PROVED in the Logan cup and warm up matches is arguably more prolific than Jarvis 2. Control ...ditto 3. Economy ...ditto 4. Tail end runs...Meth is more accomplished. Your only salvation would to be Jarvis offers something different (Pace)...and my argument is why do you need him if there is someone who has potential to get MORE wicket MORE economically....? Look I am willing to let it go but surely you see the point...and for the record I rate Jarvis, but not higer than Meth...my opinion....
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

toodles mawayo. big knock here from masakadza we need

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Congratulations Vusi, 50 up. But Mawoyo gone for 43... he did his job though. He needed to see off the new ball, and he did that.

Maweni

Post by Maweni »

Maiden Test 50 from Vusi Sibanda! Is this not what it's all about? Is this not why we support this team win loose or draw?
Shame about Tino though, he's done well, the runs dried up for him these last few overs...

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

Maweni wrote:Maiden Test 50 from Vusi Sibanda! Is this not what it's all about? Is this not why we support this team win loose or draw?
Shame about Tino though, he's done well, the runs dried up for him these last few overs...
couldnt have put it any better maweni

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

Tino has missed his first chance for a 50 on debut. Glad to see he had a good knock though.

Vusi has done very well.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

Maweni

Post by Maweni »

FlowerPower wrote:
hhm wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:I thought the context is (from your viewpoint) Jarvis is better (more suited) to the team than Meth. And what I highlight in red is your justification of this...dont think I have missed the context...but YOU say Meth is more "controlled" more "economical" and gets you WICKETS...but for all his infirior economy, he is an IMPACT bowler...why would I need an impact bowler when I have an equally prolific, more economical one??? Unless you mean Jarvis is an partnership breaker of somesort (which is all hearsay...didnt see it in the warm ups...nor is it evident in his stats)....still I am baffled...please explain...
What I meant is you didn't read how that ties in with the rest of my comment. You are comparing different classes of bowlers. Think tait, lee & harris on one side, then think stuart clark, bollnger, & hilfy on the other.
Sorry to belabour the point, but with all due respect we are talking about seam attack, and yes Jarvis is express and Meth more a medium pacer, I'd never even in a drunken stupor imagine they are the same, my point in in the team context, which bowler is better to have in the team, and I say Meth. What do you want in a bowler 1. Wickets...Meth has PROVED in the Logan cup and warm up matches is arguably more prolific than Jarvis 2. Control ...ditto 3. Economy ...ditto 4. Tail end runs...Meth is more accomplished. Your only salvation would to be Jarvis offers something different (Pace)...and my argument is why do you need him if there is someone who has potential to get MORE wicket MORE economically....? Look I am willing to let it go but surely you see the point...and for the record I rate Jarvis, but not higer than Meth...my opinion....
Yeah, you're pretty much right Flower Power. Lets just hope these selectors know what they're doing! I mean, they got it right with the top 4 (a combination never thought of till they used it against Aus A) so we can only hope Jarvis steps it up a notch, he can do it, though he's been out of practice...

dylan

Post by dylan »

great first session for zimbabwe dissapointing with tino but he did his job and welldone to vusi with 50 hopefully he will kick on :D