Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Post by Yvmnaidu »

NPL SHOULD BE PLAY FOR 6 MONTHS. WITH 9 FRANCISES. 2 MONTHS OF LOGANCUP. 2 MONTHS OF PRO50. 2 MONTHS OF T20. WITH GOOD PLAYERS ACROSS THE COUNTRY. WITH GOOD COACHES.

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

zim should follow footsteps of westindies and afganistan

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:34 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:37 am

Marumani is playing every game, like a free ride, can't give such a long rope. Openers are such a vital part of any format. If you are 10/2 every other game it doesn't help. Madhevere is not an opener.

Sadly Zimbabwe do not have a big pool to choose from, they just have to recycle the same players. This also shows a pretty weak domestic circuit. Very little competition for places.

Zimbabwe have been in cricket for 40 years, losing to Scotland, Afghanistan and Ireland, come on, there is limit to this embarrassment. Wake up up ZC.
Problem is not with Marumani, problem is with that guy who is sitting in the dressing room as batting coach unable to work in his mental set up and make him learn how to deal with each balls according to its merit.Now if they drop Marumani or Madhevere they will break their confidence, which will be harsh to a young talent, they already done the thing with Musakanda who looked so much classy and aggressive middle order batsman on his early games but now he is no where.

Players like Risabh Pant had similar type of issue but work has been done with him, star Bangladesh opener Tamim also tried to hit all out of the stadium but working with proper coach guided him to learn the game.

Marumani, Madhevere, Myers needs to work with someone who has got Level 4 coaching certificate, works in mental aspect of the game.
Yeah that's a fair point. They don't invest in good coaches, don't invest in retaining talent, yet they expect to do well which is absurd.

I don't know how much they pay the domestic cricketers but that is a very Important aspect of retaining talent, encouraging competition and grooming players by having some good coaches at domestic level as well.

If domestic cricketers are not paid well then obviously the mentality is that it's either national contract and international games or nothing, so anyone who is not sure of his place in the national team will not stick around in Zimbabwe.

There are selection issues in every country, but only in Zimbabwe I've seen players dropped for one series they start threatening to retire. That's just sad, and it happens because other than internationals there is nothing else there.

Every other series you have a feeling that someone is going to announce retirement or walk away from ZC. How can any young player thrive in such environment?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:34 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:53 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:37 am

Marumani is playing every game, like a free ride, can't give such a long rope. Openers are such a vital part of any format. If you are 10/2 every other game it doesn't help. Madhevere is not an opener.

Sadly Zimbabwe do not have a big pool to choose from, they just have to recycle the same players. This also shows a pretty weak domestic circuit. Very little competition for places.

Zimbabwe have been in cricket for 40 years, losing to Scotland, Afghanistan and Ireland, come on, there is limit to this embarrassment. Wake up up ZC.
Problem is not with Marumani, problem is with that guy who is sitting in the dressing room as batting coach unable to work in his mental set up and make him learn how to deal with each balls according to its merit.Now if they drop Marumani or Madhevere they will break their confidence, which will be harsh to a young talent, they already done the thing with Musakanda who looked so much classy and aggressive middle order batsman on his early games but now he is no where.

Players like Risabh Pant had similar type of issue but work has been done with him, star Bangladesh opener Tamim also tried to hit all out of the stadium but working with proper coach guided him to learn the game.

Marumani, Madhevere, Myers needs to work with someone who has got Level 4 coaching certificate, works in mental aspect of the game.
Yeah that's a fair point. They don't invest in good coaches, don't invest in retaining talent, yet they expect to do well which is absurd.

I don't know how much they pay the domestic cricketers but that is a very Important aspect of retaining talent, encouraging competition and grooming players by having some good coaches at domestic level as well.

If domestic cricketers are not paid well then obviously the mentality is that it's either national contract and international games or nothing, so anyone who is not sure of his place in the national team will not stick around in Zimbabwe.

There are selection issues in every country, but only in Zimbabwe I've seen players dropped for one series they start threatening to retire. That's just sad, and it happens because other than internationals there is nothing else there.

Every other series you have a feeling that someone is going to announce retirement or walk away from ZC. How can any young player thrive in such environment?
What I'm hoping they will do is use the BT and Jarvis wage savings to get a high performance/ 'A' team contract situation going. This is like 30k a month in savings.

Blessing probably took the Jarvis contract. So for that BT 20k if you say you give 10 high performance contracts of 2k each to

Jongwe (back in the system)
Marumani
Myers
Shumba
K-Long
Chivhanga
Wellington
Murray(fingers crossed)
Kasuza (still relatively young)

This would secure an 'A' team of sorts. I'm assuming there are already Full National contracts for Ervine, Williams, Blessing, Raza, Chakabva, Ngarava,Burl, Wesley, Chatara and Tiripano. Probably Chamu too.

Literally they could turn this into a success story if they were serious. Those are probably the best 20 players we have anyway(I didn't include Chamu). They need to feel secure. This habit of someone quitting when they are not selected has to stop.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

yep i reckon maybe marumani should player lower down the order with williams or raza coming up. Honestly those guys are wasted at 5 and 6

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I'm so fucking sick of this board, the coaching staff and the selection team.

And then they go all out on twitter. The usual suspects are turning BT retirement into a racist thing, again.

No wonder we keep losing to sides like Scotland. We had them a 3-17, and they went on to score 146 off one batsmens knock.

Then we go to bat and it is the usual suspects making the effort.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 am
I'm so fucking sick of this board, the coaching staff and the selection team.

And then they go all out on twitter. The usual suspects are turning BT retirement into a racist thing, again.

No wonder we keep losing to sides like Scotland. We had them a 3-17, and they went on to score 146 off one batsmens knock.

Then we go to bat and it is the usual suspects making the effort.
They’ll never see it.
These same people will be banging to get into Europe too after the country’s downfall. Oblivious to the whole reap why you sow concept.
No one wins.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*