Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

With three T20Is, the action turns to Grange. There is no information on the squads, as expected, but it is commonly assumed that Zim will field a 'Masakadja-Rajput XI.' Match at 6 pm IST.

In terms of statistics, we won the only T20I match between these two teams, which was the T20I World Cup (when I met Raza for the first time and he gave me his shirt), where Wellington rose to prominence and got (if I'm not mistaken) his first player of the match award.

In ODIs, the teams are more evenly matched, with Zimbabwe missing an opportunity in 2017 when the series was tied at 1-1. The highlights of this series were Williams, Cremer (5-fer), Waller 92, and Raza's undefeated 50. They next met in the 2018 World Cup Qualifier in Byo, where, after qualifying to the Super Six stage, they faced off in a nail-biter, with Muzarabani-Taylor holding their nerve to defend one off the final over amid wild celebrations to save the match from defeat. During the series, Lady Cremer (who was more trustworthy than CricInfo) captured the moment. Relive the thrills.
https://twitter.com/MernaCremer767/stat ... 56320?s=20
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

TapsC2

Re: Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Post by TapsC2 »

Aa it stands we are only missing 1 player (Raza). This basically what an almost full strength Zimbabwe team looks like now. We have to accept that and offer no excuses. Only a series victory would be good enough.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Zimbabwe should win the series, nothing less would suffice.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Want to see Zim in smashing mood

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:18 am
Aa it stands we are only missing 1 player (Raza). This basically what an almost full strength Zimbabwe team looks like now. We have to accept that and offer no excuses. Only a series victory would be good enough.
What do you mean, is he injured?

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:13 am
Although a win would be nice, it is a largely meaningless series from a Zim perspective so hopefully they give the youngsters a chance (Marumani, Myers, Musakanda)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Xlife wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Although a win would be nice, it is a largely meaningless series from a Zim perspective so hopefully they give the youngsters a chance (Marumani, Myers, Musakanda)
Considering Zimbabwe don't play that often and they haven't been winning a lot lately, a series win will be some sort of a boost. I mean winning is a habit, although Zimbabwe keep winning one off games here and there against top nations, they need to be more consistent and in particular against sides that are at par with them like Ire, Scot, Neth and Afg they need to win series' against these nations more often than not.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Xlife wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am
sam_ahm wrote:
How many series are we just going to pass off as ‘meaningless’ and field experimental squads?

In 5 years time when ICC reviews are done, and Zim are getting axed in all these series against associates, do you think they will blow that off as ‘oh it’s ok all those series were meaningless’?
When Oz go to reschedule and they see a series loss to Ireland and Scotland they will be that keen to proceed? It’s ok it was ‘meaningless’.

IMO if you want these games to be meaningless, make them Zim A games. Keep it out of the public eye. Reputation and funding at stake.
Not to mention it is upsetting our best players and seems to have made BT leave.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

id like to see full strength zim. Havent seen them in a long time. Anyway BT retiring opens up for one of the youngsters

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I agree, every series has meaning.