Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Post by Xlife »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:53 am
Xlife wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:13 am
Zimbabwe should win the series, nothing less would suffice.
Although a win would be nice, it is a largely meaningless series from a Zim perspective so hopefully they give the youngsters a chance (Marumani, Myers, Musakanda)
How many series are we just going to pass off as ‘meaningless’ and field experimental squads?

In 5 years time when ICC reviews are done, and Zim are getting axed in all these series against associates, do you think they will blow that off as ‘oh it’s ok all those series were meaningless’?
When Oz go to reschedule and they see a series loss to Ireland and Scotland they will be that keen to proceed? It’s ok it was ‘meaningless’.

IMO if you want these games to be meaningless, make them Zim A games. Keep it out of the public eye. Reputation and funding at stake.
Not to mention it is upsetting our best players and seems to have made BT leave.
There's not much point playing a full strength squad in T20s when there are no points on offer and we are not part of the upcoming WC. A lot of our players are in their mid to late 30's and will be retiring very soon whether you like it or not.

The youngsters need exposure in international games, and T20s right now are a low priority for us. 'A' games don't cut it, international pressure is completely different to playing an 'A' game that has 10 people in the stadium and no TV coverage.

Other nations will take notice if we get results in ODIs and Tests anyway

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

Jemisi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:54 am
I agree, every series has meaning.
You are the very same people that will be moaning the loudest when senior players can't play an ODI or Test (injury/covid etc) and a youngster is put in and fails due to lack of experience

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Xlife wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:07 pm
Jemisi wrote:
You are the very same people that will be moaning the loudest when senior players can't play an ODI or Test (injury/covid etc) and a youngster is put in and fails due to lack of experience
I don't understand. Are you suggesting that we play more games than our players can manage?

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Scotland have won the toss & elected to bat first
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Xlife wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:18 am
Aa it stands we are only missing 1 player (Raza). This basically what an almost full strength Zimbabwe team looks like now. We have to accept that and offer no excuses. Only a series victory would be good enough.
What do you mean, is he injured?
Not selected

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

Jemisi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:29 pm
Xlife wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:07 pm
Jemisi wrote:
I don't understand. Are you suggesting that we play more games than our players can manage?
I'm saying we should play young talent as much as possible in less meaningful games so that they can step up when put into more critical games

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Any other link?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Oops! No broadcast in India for this one! Guess I'll have to follow the scores only.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Wellington has opened & taken wicket in the first over
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu