Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zim v Sco 1st T20I

Post by TapsC2 »

Sean Williams as the senior player should have never played that shot at that stage of the game. That's why the senior guys are there. To teach the kids. Not the other way round but then if you criticize a senior player here it's a crime. None of the 3 senior players there got a strike rate above 100 against Scotland. That is embarrassing.

If you are going to complain about not being picked then make the difference when you actually do get picked.

If shumba could get a strike rate that high then there is no excuse for Regis, Ervine and Williams there. They were all in.

Shumba on the other hand is a thinking cricketer and that's a positive. This tour has done him well

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Next game

Shumba (We need some sense up the order, not these kids who want to score a 6 every cricket bowl)
Wes
Regis
Ervine
Williams
Marumani
Burl
Jongwe

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

That was difficult to watch. I don't know what Williams and burl were doing.

To be honest Zim cricket is lucky to be in its position. In many ways we don't deserve full membership and the money any more than Scotland etc. Hearing the Scottish CEO talk (who is an ex Zim player) they seem to be doing the best with their limited resources with a good system.

I don't see enough passion and critical thinking from our players.
Last edited by Zimco on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 pm
Sean Williams as the senior player should have never played that shot at that stage of the game. That's why the senior guys are there. To teach the kids. Not the other way round but then if you criticize a senior player here it's a crime. None of the 3 senior players there got a strike rate above 100 against Scotland. That is embarrassing.

If you are going to complain about not being picked then make the difference when you actually do get picked.

If shumba could get a strike rate that high then there is no excuse for Regis, Ervine and Williams there. They were all in.

Shumba on the other hand is a thinking cricketer and that's a positive. This tour has done him well
Yep, those 2s he played when he read the field were genius

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:12 pm
Seems the game over now. Burl & Williams got out in important phase of the game.

Zim still in lack of quality hard hitting pace bowling allrounder at 7/8. Jongwe poor with the bat after return continues, should include Tiripano who has got some hitting ability.

😂 I don't think Jongwe was the issue here with the bat. Zim actually needs a number 9 who can smack it like England or aus would have. Masakadza should be batting 10.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:28 pm
Next game

Shumba (We need some sense up the order, not these kids who want to score a 6 every cricket bowl)
Wes
Regis
Ervine
Williams
Marumani
Burl
Jongwe
Yes since we are experimenting I would like to see Shumba up the order. He might actually be the solution. Marumani needs some time to compose himself and learn to try hit every ball out the ground. I would rather draft in Myers (at least he has gotten himself in a couple of times) and promote Shumba then we see what happens

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:

Besides BT, our senior players are not world class. None of them can get a bat from the sides ranked above us.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Zimco wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:33 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:12 pm
Seems the game over now. Burl & Williams got out in important phase of the game.

Zim still in lack of quality hard hitting pace bowling allrounder at 7/8. Jongwe poor with the bat after return continues, should include Tiripano who has got some hitting ability.

😂 I don't think Jongwe was the issue here with the bat. Zim actually needs a number 9 who can smack it like England or aus would have. Masakadza should be batting 10.
That Jongwe wicket was 50/50 could have easily gone for 6 but I do agree. Jongwe should be the number 9 and Burl 8 at full strength

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Houghton seems to have been following us a bit. He knew a lot more than I expected and it would be the dream to have a guy like him in the setup. He knew about Wes being a prospect(SA scholarship and all), Blessing being the danger man, Burl and Jongwe being able to hit a long ball. He just saw Shumba and you could tell he was impressed. That is a man who could make something out of this team. Not Rajput who keeps sending in Wes (who is clearly a better middle order player) and Marumani (who is not ready)

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:34 pm
TapsC2 wrote:

Besides BT, our senior players are not world class. None of them can get a bat from the sides ranked above us.
Williams in tests, maybe Raza in Odis but they aren't world class bats more so good all rounders. Blessing also potentially could get into to some of the other teams above us. It doesn't do us good to not play our best players because getting beaten by Scotland etc does us no good. I know blessing was being rested this game for injury management which is fine
Last edited by Zimco on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.