Post Big 4 era

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Post Big 4 era

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:31 pm
Even right now, with Houghton rumoured to be a prime contender for head coach, I would not put it past Ballance returning if he has a lean season next.
A bit of a stretch and a lot would have to happen but it’s possible.
Lure of a World Cup, spend increased time with family, a guaranteed international career and uncle as coach….
Worse offers out there.
Houghton is doing something with one of the franchises this coming season. I wonder if Ballance fancies a few weeks playing some casual half-arsed first class cricket in Zim? Better than spending a winter in Leeds, you'd think. He'll never play for Zim though. Never.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Lake is also close to Houghton, watch that space as well.
He'll be given a couple of wild card picks.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I hope this series win doesn't give Rajput an extension. He will surely claim that the team has progressed on this tour. 2-3, 1-1, 2-1 is fairly good.

Houghton will be great. I hope it happens.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Nepal fans seem fairly convinced that Rajput (or Ratshit - thanks Googly) is going there. Whatmore is leaving them.

Houghton would be great - he seems to know everyone overseas! So we might see a few coming back, or at least a few just coming back to play Logan in the U.K. winter - which will really strengthen our domestic stuff.

Still reckon Grant is gettable though as well.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:16 pm
Nepal fans seem fairly convinced that Rajput (or Ratshit - thanks Googly) is going there. Whatmore is leaving them.

Houghton would be great - he seems to know everyone overseas! So we might see a few coming back, or at least a few just coming back to play Logan in the U.K. winter - which will really strengthen our domestic stuff.

Still reckon Grant is gettable though as well.
Mate is Dion Myers still in the set up or gone to study?

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

No need to worry about the post big 4 era. We have Milton Shumba! :D

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Houghton really does seem to be following our cricket. I wonder if other legends do? That has really impressed me or maybe he just has his eyes on the job :lol: seems to know everybody and has been chatting with them too. It would be a nice retirement plan

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:28 pm
Houghton really does seem to be following our cricket. I wonder if other legends do? That has really impressed me or maybe he just has his eyes on the job :lol: seems to know everybody and has been chatting with them too. It would be a nice retirement plan
I always wonder if de Grandhomme, Ballance and Curran are sat somewhere watching a dodgy YouTube broadcast and cheering for the boys like all of us sometimes haha.

Anyone know which franchise Houghton is joining?

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:39 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:28 pm
I always wonder if de Grandhomme, Ballance and Curran are sat somewhere watching a dodgy YouTube broadcast and cheering for the boys like all of us sometimes haha.

Anyone know which franchise Houghton is joining?
Probably Tuskers, his home Franchise

Googly

Post by Googly »

No idea. Will be interesting to see where he does go. He was practicing with Derbyshire in Bulawayo so maybe there? Hopefully he catches that tsotsi with his paw in the cookie jar whilst he's there :lol:
I wonder if they will persevere with Southern Rocks?
There should be at least 2 teams out of Harare, it's where 90% of the cricketers live. Getting 40 people to drive to Masvingo every second week to play cricket is not only ridiculous but you take your life in your hands driving these roads on a Friday or Sunday night.

I was following Adam Theofilatos' twitter, I see Richmond M
had a go at him for questioning why Kaia got a game for Zim and of course turned it into a race issue. If you want to see a white guy start stuttering and stammering, just accuse of him of being a racist :lol: If you want to see a black dude get confused accuse him of the same, they don't think its legally possible :lol:
Even Mehluli Sibanda weighed in on it, he was critical of ZC, and not the first time either, had a dip at them last week as well :lol:
Something has gone down there because he sold his soul years ago.

I'm super curious what actual players he will get to coach.
In theory not in their interests to give him enough players to win anything.