Nick welch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Nick welch

Post by Googly »

Goodwin would have to be really sharp to take a year out to bring his weird brand of Christianity to some heathen Aborigines that were getting along just fine without him :lol:
Back in the day they'd have turned him into a light snack.
That State cricket is serious stuff, he's a damned good player and a leggie, but ya we won't be seeing him anytime soon. He will do well to get back in after taking a year out.

Tom Moores is a really good player, particularly T20, has got some serious reverse sweeps and sweeps and paddles in his arsenal. Plays everything square. Can win you a game in a few overs. Arrogant shit head.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I don't mean to include Shepherd in what I said. He's sharp.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Goodwin would have to be really sharp to take a year out to bring his weird brand of Christianity to some heathen Aborigines that were getting along just fine without him :lol:
Back in the day they'd have turned him into a light snack.
That State cricket is serious stuff, he's a damned good player and a leggie, but ya we won't be seeing him anytime soon. He will do well to get back in after taking a year out.

Tom Moores is a really good player, particularly T20, has got some serious reverse sweeps and sweeps and paddles in his arsenal. Plays everything square. Can win you a game in a few overs. Arrogant shit head.
Tom Moores couldn't make the first team regularly when in aus though lol. Maybe he has improved since then. That said grade cricket is a tricky beast and not fully determinative.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

I think we may see Jayden Schadendorf back in Zim domestic cricket this season if the talk is correct.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm
I think we may see Jayden Schadendorf back in Zim domestic cricket this season if the talk is correct.
He's had a very ordinary club season in the UK. I wonder if a franchise has signed him straight up or if he'll have to have a run in the NPL (if it goes ahead..) to get a gig confirmed.

BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by BostonZimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm
He always spoke of Zimbabwe being his dream. Just don't think he's good enough though unfortunately but I could easily be made to eat my words. He's a spin bowling all rounder as well correct?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Ed Byrom is in the runs. I told you so. Watch this guy, he's the real deal.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:45 am
Then the debacle around treating the big 4 like shit over the past month or so happened. Then I lost faith. The system, the domestic setup, the culture - it's all shit. Wes has as much talent as Ballance or anyone at his age. Marumani has talent. Shumba has talent. Myers has talent. But they are already being managed like shit, their confidence destroyed, part of a losing culture, no standards, and they sadly won't get anywhere unless we bring in better coaches, better selectors, and Hami continues trying to put in place improvements to the domestic setup to improve quality.
If the Young 4's confidence is destroyed playing against Ireland and Scotland, then I'm afraid they can't be the answer. For what its worth, Wes had a couple of decent knocks, and Shumba actually did outstanding. No reason for them to lose any confidence. Myers and Marumani didn't perform, but they also didn't play the entire tour. If you don't play the youngsters against Ireland or Scotland, who will you play them against?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:39 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:45 am
Then the debacle around treating the big 4 like shit over the past month or so happened. Then I lost faith. The system, the domestic setup, the culture - it's all shit. Wes has as much talent as Ballance or anyone at his age. Marumani has talent. Shumba has talent. Myers has talent. But they are already being managed like shit, their confidence destroyed, part of a losing culture, no standards, and they sadly won't get anywhere unless we bring in better coaches, better selectors, and Hami continues trying to put in place improvements to the domestic setup to improve quality.
If the Young 4's confidence is destroyed playing against Ireland and Scotland, then I'm afraid they can't be the answer. For what its worth, Wes had a couple of decent knocks, and Shumba actually did outstanding. No reason for them to lose any confidence. Myers and Marumani didn't perform, but they also didn't play the entire tour. If you don't play the youngsters against Ireland or Scotland, who will you play them against?
We’ve done this conversation to death already.

But yeah that paragraph is from before the final match and of course part of a much longer post that was in context and in direct reply to someone else. :)

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:25 am
The stop gap mentality is all wrong. That's what ZC have pinned their hopes on, sold partly to them by Ratshit.
What if Madhevere is not the next Kohli? 🤣
He's played two tests, 9 ODI's and 18 T20's. They'll play the - we've got some young players and they need a couple of decades for as long as possible, but at some point someone has to have a reality check. He's got potential for sure, but in the real world, not ZC fantasy land, the time is fast approaching where he needs to deliver. If he can't make runs against Ireland and Scotland he's not going to. Again I'm not knocking those teams, they've got some really good players, but the other member nations are next level. They're up and coming and we're down and going.

Gary Ballance can play all formats with aplomb, he's an unbelievably good player. It hurts to hear but we don't have a current player that will ever be as good as Ballance. His county record is awesome and he should still be in that England set up, he's world class. Not in two lifetimes will Madhevere be as good as Ballance.

That is absolutely overstatement or exaggeration or bullcrap to declare that Madhevere will never be as good as Ballance in two lifetimes. The kid scored half centuries against formidable pace attack of Pakistan in their own backyard and scored half centuries against Bangladesh on their own soil. You know how Australia and the Kiwis fared against Bangladesh recently in Bangladesh, it is not easy to score runs on those slow and sticky Bangladesh pitches. Madhevere could become twice as good as Ballance if he works hard on his game, I watched Ballance bat many times. He is not elegant at all to say the least, the effortlessness kind of aura in strokeplay is also not there. He is someone who toils hard for his runs with that awkward batting stance.
Last edited by lobsang on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.