Nick welch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Nick welch

Post by TapsC2 »

Although I don't think Scotland Cricket has money to give them. That's the full member curse as well. Lots of money brings a lot of problems. Ireland have actually stagnated because of this in my opinion. You have to start dishing out professional contracts, sponsoring clubs, deal with corruption, players not retiring, pay for a full domestic structure etc. People stop doing it from the heart

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:14 pm
I presume I'm some characters? :lol:
Nowhere did I pin my hopes on Ballance or Schardendorf?
I'm giving my opinion of them as players.
I have no aspirations of anyone saving the sinking ship, certainly not one or two imports, if you think that's the extent of our problems you're sadly mistaken.

Not one player who has gone overseas recently has been anywhere near grassroots cricket. Every single one of them is a product of a private school education or scholarship and expensive quality private coaching and absolutely not from a ZC youth coach. 2 weeks in age group camp once every two years does not produce a cricketer, its the stuff inbetween. If these youth coaches had to produce one decent cricketer every 3 years we'd be crying less. It would be good to be shown one quality cricketer that they've produced of late- maybe Shumba, I'm not sure who coached him before he got to U19. He's got some technical problems so whatever coach it was needs a slap coz he's good in spite of the guy.

Of the people that went overseas only Bhawa played u19 so you're wrong again.

There is not a lot of grassroots cricket in Zimbabwe, there's no grass and no roots and no schools that really play cricket. I might be wrong, name me a player that has been successful of late from "grassroots". Successful is relative. Being successful locally is step 1. I'd like to be wrong. I'm waiting.

I think Wes is a great prospect, I think works hard, has lots of drive and ability. Whilst my arsehole points downwards he will never ever be as good as Ballance, he's next level. Please don't take my word for it, Google the guy's stellar career.
They don't have to be as good as him, nearly as good would win us a few games.
Tom Moores really isn't that good.

I get your point but the ZC junior tours and the coaching of shepherd manukura would have had some impact. Some players had extra coaching from him as well.

You know who Zim should actually get - jayden Goodwin. And there's another quite good guy who I believe has a Zim mother in aus.

I could recruit a better Zim team in about two minutes if I had the checkbook. That position is farcical

BostonZimbo

Post by BostonZimbo »

Zimco wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:25 pm
Googly wrote:
I have no aspirations of anyone saving the sinking ship, certainly not one or two imports, if you think that's the extent of our problems you're sadly mistaken.

Not one player who has gone overseas recently has been anywhere near grassroots cricket. Every single one of them is a product of a private school education or scholarship and expensive quality private coaching and absolutely not from a ZC youth coach. 2 weeks in age group camp once every two years does not produce a cricketer, its the stuff inbetween. If these youth coaches had to produce one decent cricketer every 3 years we'd be crying less. It would be good to be shown one quality cricketer that they've produced of late- maybe Shumba, I'm not sure who coached him before he got to U19. He's got some technical problems so whatever coach it was needs a slap coz he's good in spite of the guy.

There is not a lot of grassroots cricket in Zimbabwe, there's no grass and no roots and no schools that really play cricket. I might be wrong, name me a player that has been successful of late from "grassroots". Successful is relative. Being successful locally is step 1. I'd like to be wrong. I'm waiting.

I think Wes is a great prospect, I think works hard, has lots of drive and ability. Whilst my arsehole points downwards he will never ever be as good as Ballance, he's next level. Please don't take my word for it, Google the guy's stellar career.

I get your point but the ZC junior tours and the coaching of shepherd manukura would have had some impact. Some players had extra coaching from him as well.

You know who Zim should actually get - jayden Goodwin. And there's another quite good guy who I believe has a Zim mother in aus.

I could recruit a better Zim team in about two minutes if I had the checkbook. That position is farcical
Jayden Goodwin is really hoping. His father, Murray, only returned to Zim to play cricket so I don't know how patriotic Jayden is. The only players who would ever come back are the patriotic ones

I think we have the highest chance at Dane Schadendorf and Nick Welch, they seem very patriotic and hopefully willing to come back to Zim. Muyeye, Higgins and Melton are all very distant from Zim now at this point and there's a 0.001% chance that any of them will represent Zim. Byrom though is a different case he was raised in Zim and definitely started his career here but is he really good enough? Unfortunately, I think yes despite the fact that he's bombed recently in the UK. But would Zim really be able to save his career? Our coaching standard is worse than those of probably even the minor counties in the UK.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

I dont think you are right there but that's all I will say. On the Jayden part yeah I'm sure he'd rather play for his state or Australia.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Ngarava is a good bowler, has improved.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Best catch I have seen in a longtime, Burl.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Houghton knows this team better than I expected.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

BostonZimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:47 pm
Zimco wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:25 pm
Googly wrote:

Jayden Goodwin is really hoping. His father, Murray, only returned to Zim to play cricket so I don't know how patriotic Jayden is. The only players who would ever come back are the patriotic ones

I think we have the highest chance at Dane Schadendorf and Nick Welch, they seem very patriotic and hopefully willing to come back to Zim. Muyeye, Higgins and Melton are all very distant from Zim now at this point and there's a 0.001% chance that any of them will represent Zim. Byrom though is a different case he was raised in Zim and definitely started his career here but is he really good enough? Unfortunately, I think yes despite the fact that he's bombed recently in the UK. But would Zim really be able to save his career? Our coaching standard is worse than those of probably even the minor counties in the UK.
Didnt he go back for some Christian work?

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

He intended to but covid put an end to that

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

m
Last edited by CholeZimbo on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.