Zim v Sco 2nd T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: Zim v Sco 2nd T20I

Post by Marshmallow »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:45 pm
Comment below from some Indian guy on our instagram page. Sensible

"Consider that a lucky win. A lot still needs to be improved. Some of my observations are - 1) The Batters don't have a wide range of shots. The second wicket was an example of that. 2) Needs to put in the work in communication while running as well. 3) Ryan Burl and Luke Jongwe ( haven't seen him close enough but it looks that he needs to tone up his core a bit) needs to lose some weight and become a bit fitter and stronger. 4) Power hitting or just simply hitting needs to be part of every batters game and not just for the batters who bats at the back end, along with their proper traditional batting skills and the same is for the power hitters that they need to learn proper batting skills too, no matter which format. 5) You guys aren't at the world cup, so a lot of work can be put in to improve their batting. If you guys want to compete with top teams, you have to practice like top teams, in terms of skills and in terms of physical fitness too. 6) Put in a lot of work, that's it, that's all you can do and the results will come. Good luck."
Funny is that it's just an zim fan page. Official page don't even have that number of followers.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:54 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:

"Consider that a lucky win. A lot still needs to be improved. Some of my observations are - 1) The Batters don't have a wide range of shots. The second wicket was an example of that. 2) Needs to put in the work in communication while running as well. 3) Ryan Burl and Luke Jongwe ( haven't seen him close enough but it looks that he needs to tone up his core a bit) needs to lose some weight and become a bit fitter and stronger. 4) Power hitting or just simply hitting needs to be part of every batters game and not just for the batters who bats at the back end, along with their proper traditional batting skills and the same is for the power hitters that they need to learn proper batting skills too, no matter which format. 5) You guys aren't at the world cup, so a lot of work can be put in to improve their batting. If you guys want to compete with top teams, you have to practice like top teams, in terms of skills and in terms of physical fitness too. 6) Put in a lot of work, that's it, that's all you can do and the results will come. Good luck."
A lot of people can hate us, call Some of us subcontinental trolls, but the thing about cricket in India is that you will find plenty of people like me who simply love this game and follow irrespective of who is playing.

I was, Infact am, a die hard fan of Wasim Akram, his nationality never bothered me. I was quite dissappointed at the Pak-NZL series getting cancelled today, was looking forward to some good cricket.

Anyways, Good win but long way to go folks, at least a series win on Sunday will mean something.
So is supporting another national team as closely as most Indians and Asians at large a thing? Like In football I generally support England but not as closely. So it seems Indians support other national teams religiously as I would support an local English football team like Manchester United. Fascinating but very good.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:59 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

A lot of people can hate us, call Some of us subcontinental trolls, but the thing about cricket in India is that you will find plenty of people like me who simply love this game and follow irrespective of who is playing.

I was, Infact am, a die hard fan of Wasim Akram, his nationality never bothered me. I was quite dissappointed at the Pak-NZL series getting cancelled today, was looking forward to some good cricket.

Anyways, Good win but long way to go folks, at least a series win on Sunday will mean something.
So is supporting another national team as closely as most Indians and Asians at large a thing? Like In football I generally support England but not as closely. So it seems Indians support other national teams religiously as I would support an local English football team like Manchester United. Fascinating but very good.
India is a cricket crazy nation mate, support wise ofcourse it's India first but you will find plenty of folks who have a few more 'favourite teams' and follow them quite passionately.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you have something constructive to say or appear to know your stuff it's all good. Do you not feel the overpowering urge to hunt Yvmandu and Robot down and kill them with a blunt spoon?
Would they contribute intelligently in their mother tongue or is there genuine retardation present, do you think?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

The latter

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:04 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:59 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

India is a cricket crazy nation mate, support wise ofcourse it's India first but you will find plenty of folks who have a few more 'favourite teams' and follow them quite passionately.
To even discover this forum and be a part of it as an Indian is amazing. I stumbled onto this forum whilst searching for the ZC website in 2011 when it was still difficult to find much information on Zim cricket on the internet. Only became a member in 2016 though
Last edited by CholeZimbo on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm
If you have something constructive to say or appear to know your stuff it's all good. Do you not feel the overpowering urge to hunt Yvmandu and Robot down and kill them with a blunt spoon?
Would they contribute intelligently in their mother tongue or is there genuine retardation present, do you think?
Good question to you Sam_ahm

-

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm
Yvm and Rajkumar/Robot are unbearable! Definite retards

Sam_ahm and others - you are all good posters! When people refer to 'subcontinent trolls' they are indeed referring specifically to 'subcontinent trolls' - not 'all subcontinent people'. Theres plenty of good Asian posters here who very much enrich the place!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sam_ahm wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

Just being Indian/Pakistani/Bangla/ doesn’t make you a troll. There’s plenty here. Yourself. Crimsons an Indian. Zimbo too, Kriterion a Detroit Bangladeshi.
That’s not the issue. All the above are welcome.

It’s the half arsed robot types or the blatant idiots like Ymnaidu that fall into this title.

Airheaded comments. Not bothering to learn players names. Valid responses or just Braindead questions like ‘why don’t we gets a Tom Currams maybe pls play Zimbabwe?’ That enrages us.
Should enrage you too.
People forget that four years ago robots complete game plan was just to start shit and say blacks are shit people. They also forget he made another 5 accounts and some of the newer ones are also likely spawns.
Started with stone man. Ten stone man returns when he was banned. Then did black_mamba and robot.
YVmnaidu most likely the newer one and I have a suspicion Raj might be the same person but in his more real form.
But again, that’s because BRMT and Maehara are pissweak mods that don’t see that. This could have been sorted out 7 days after they signed up.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I think Ngarava with the right coaching can become more deadly than Blessing. He has a lot of venom in him. There was 1 ball I saw on Wednesday which almost fizzed past Regis' head.. it was lethal. We need guys like that bowling vicious bouncers to the kids regularly