Zim v Sco 2nd T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Zim v Sco 2nd T20I

Post by CholeZimbo »

Here is another series on the line.

Really hope we win this game to really save face because at this rate we really are embarrassing ourselves.

Here is how I would line up

Madhevere
Shumba
Chakabva
Ervine
Marumani
Williams
Burl
Jongwe
Masakadza
Muzarabani/Chatara
Ngarava

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim v Sco 2nd T20I

Post by secretzimbo »

I *almost* want us to lose 3-0 so the board panic and do away with all of these awful coaches and selectors.

But I can't help myself as a Zim fan, and therefore I hope we smash Scotland today. Come on boys. Think at this point we have to try something different at the top of the order. Marumani needs dropping. Wes will probably do better in the middle order. Just open with Burl and either Shumba or Regis and see how it goes. We can't keep being 15-2 every game.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:30 am
I *almost* want us to lose 3-0 so the board panic and do away with all of these awful coaches and selectors.

But I can't help myself as a Zim fan, and therefore I hope we smash Scotland today. Come on boys. Think at this point we have to try something different at the top of the order. Marumani needs dropping. Wes will probably do better in the middle order. Just open with Burl and either Shumba or Regis and see how it goes. We can't keep being 15-2 every game.
yeah never wanna see us lose

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

secretzimbo wrote:

I quite like this idea of losing 3-0 if it leads to a change in direction with the coaches and perhaps more of an emphasis on younger talent. There needs to be more of a focus on medium to long term results rather than short term thinking which is a major problem that Zimbabweans and Africans have in general

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Xlife wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:11 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

I quite like this idea of losing 3-0 if it leads to a change in direction with the coaches and perhaps more of an emphasis on younger talent. There needs to be more of a focus on medium to long term results rather than short term thinking which is a major problem that Zimbabweans and Africans have in general
You want MORE emphasis on young talent? 'Long-term thinking' is just a convenient excuse for the people at the top. Zim has been 'rebuilding' for 17 years lol.

How about we try winning some matches and series now rather than hoping 'maybe these guys will be good in 10 years and we might beat Ireland in 2030 if we give them endless chances now'.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

:lol: :lol: Matchday guys let's focus. This might potentially ruin the weekend.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Unfortunately the seed has been planted that we have 4 young Tendulkars in the wings. Clever PR by ZC, we're going to be living with that for years. At what age or number of international games is a cricketer no longer considered a young prospect?

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:33 pm
Unfortunately the seed has been planted that we have 4 young Tendulkars in the wings. Clever PR by ZC, we're going to be living with that for years. At what age or number of international games is a cricketer no longer considered a young prospect?
Welcome back Googly... Thought you were a goner for a while there :lol:

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:20 pm
Xlife wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:11 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

You want MORE emphasis on young talent? 'Long-term thinking' is just a convenient excuse for the people at the top. Zim has been 'rebuilding' for 17 years lol.

How about we try winning some matches and series now rather than hoping 'maybe these guys will be good in 10 years and we might beat Ireland in 2030 if we give them endless chances now'.
I said MEDIUM to Long term... We can give our promising young talent a lot more playing time and good coaching and then we have a better chance of qualifying for the next major tournaments. Rather than focusing amd wasting contracts on unmotivated, old talent that has failed repeatedly and yet somehow people think they will suddenly become world beaters.

Not saying do away with all experienced players immediately, but we really should start phasing them out over the next year or 2

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Marumani finally dropped. Thank god for that.