Zim v Sco T20I Series decider

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zim v Sco T20I Series decider

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

ESPN CricInfo has disowned Zimbabwe cricket in these two series as there is hardly a match preview. Here is the preview from Sportskeeda:

Scotland and Zimbabwe will meet one last time in the ongoing series for the third and final T20I on Sunday, September 19. Grange Cricket Club in Edinburgh, Scotland will play hosts to this encounter.

Scotland won the series opener by seven runs in a closely-fought contest to take an early lead. However, visitors Zimbabwe bounced back in the second T20I to level the series. Batting first, Zimbabwe put up 136/5 on the board with Sean Williams leading the way with the bat. His unbeaten 60 helped them recover from another top-order collapse.

The total proved to be just enough as Scotland failed to chase it down. They were eventually bowled out for 126. Richie Berrington came in good once again, scoring 42 runs and Matthew Cross scored the same number of runs as well. Zimbabwe's pace attack put up a solid performance once again, while Masakadza was successful with his spin as well.

In what was another relatively close game, Zimbabwe managed to pull off a win to keep the series alive. Both matches have been well contested and evenly matched. The series is now down to the wire, for the third and final T20I, which is going to be the decider. Expect it to be another game of close margins as both sides will look to bag the spoils.

Weather Report
Conditions are expected to be overcast once again with cloud cover. There is a possibility of light rain as well during the initial hours of the match. Temperatures will range between 12 and 15 degrees Celsius.

Pitch Report
Scoring runs has not been easy on this wicket, as we have seen in both matches so far. Both teams have failed to chase and bowlers have received help from the surface. Once again, the team winning the toss will look to bat first and put up runs on the board.

Scotland Predicted XI: Calum MacLeod, Safyaan Sharif, Chris Sole, Kyle Coetzer (c), Richie Berrington, Matthew Cross (w), George Munsey, Michael Leask, Alasdair Evans, Ollie Hairs, Mark Watt.

Zimbabwe's batting has been reliant on captain Craig Ervine and Sean Williams. The rest of the unit needs to come good as well. The bowling has been good for Zimbabwe, which is why they were able to win the second game. Tendai Chatara, Richard Ngarava, Luke Jongwe and Wellington Masakadza have all bowled well together and picked up wickets.

Zimbabwe Predicted XI: Richard Ngarava, Milton Shumba, Sean Williams, Craig Ervine (c), Tadiwanashe Marumani, Wesley Madhevere, Ryan Burl, Tendai Chatara, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Regis Chakabva (w).

Match Prediction
Batting has been a cause for concern for both teams. Zimbabwe's bowling looks slightly better than that of Scotland which may give them an advantage. However, home conditions will be something that Scotland will look to make use of. This should be a close game and an exciting finish to the series is on the cards.

Live Streaming: Cricket Scotland YouTube

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/sco ... ng-details
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim v Sco T20I Series decider

Post by secretzimbo »

Which random no-mark will turn up out of the blue and make his unexpected debut for the Takashinga Patriots, oops, sorry I mean - 'the Zimbabwe National Team' today? Place your bets people.

I'm going with an Innocent Kaia & Roy Kaia opening pair with Chamu at 3, Maruma at 4, Mutumbami at 5 and Travor Mutsamba making his debut as the quality finisher we've all been waiting for. Shingi set to make his long awaited spectacular return to the team as well.

:6:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Hope the weather stays good and Zimbabwe pull off a series win.

On another note it really hurts me to not see Zimbabwe in the T20 WC, likes of PNG are playing but not Zimbabwe, all because of some stupid suspension by the ICC which prevented Zimbos from qualifying.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:26 am
Which random no-mark will turn up out of the blue and make his unexpected debut for the Takashinga Patriots, oops, sorry I mean - 'the Zimbabwe National Team' today? Place your bets people.

I'm going with an Innocent Kaia & Roy Kaia opening pair with Chamu at 3, Maruma at 4, Mutumbami at 5 and Travor Mutsamba making his debut as the quality finisher we've all been waiting for. Shingi set to make his long awaited spectacular return to the team as well.

:6:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You can't put anything past these clowns

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Scott’s won the toss & Takashinga Patriots will be bowling
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Toss lost. That might also be the series

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Scotland socially distancing for the national anthems but then after the song ends, immediately going into a huddle is the most 2021 thing ever. How stupid!!!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

no raza

Zimbabwe: RW Chakabva, CR Ervine, SC Williams, W Madhevere, M Shumba, RP Burl, LM Jongwe, WP Masakadza, TL Chatara, B Muzarabani, R Ngarava

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

where are you guys watching?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:03 pm
where are you guys watching?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u595rBE ... otlandLive