Zim v Sco T20I Series decider

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim v Sco T20I Series decider

Post by sloandog »

Its your dribble of taunts and sarcasm which is putting people off

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Idiot

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

That Wes runout was very dodgy by the way

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

this win was also very important because I think it was against Pakistan when Wes and Marumani gave us a start where we should have won that series decider too but the senior players messed it up in the end. The senior players giving the kids a decent start this time and then the kids finishing it off in style will be a huge confidence booster in the camp.

We are learning a lot and I will say 1 year ago we were hopeless in this format but now we have significantly improved. We have figured out the low scoring games but we need more run chases like this to improve the way we time the chases

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

We almost scored 200 against Bangladesh and we lost that too. We even got 200 in NZ one time thanks to a BT masterclass and we still lost. We need to work on that and today was a step in the right direction

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:29 pm
this win was also very important because I think it was against Pakistan when Wes and Marumani gave us a start where we should have won that series decider too but the senior players messed it up in the end. The senior players giving the kids a decent start this time and then the kids finishing it off in style will be a huge confidence booster in the camp.

We are learning a lot and I will say 1 year ago we were hopeless in this format but now we have significantly improved. We have figured out the low scoring games but we need more run chases like this to improve the way we time the chases
Bit harsh on the senior players considering Wes and Marumani didn't really do much in the rest of that Pak series.

If it was consistent throughout the series, I would be happy to agree, but considering how much the senior guys have done over the years, bit harsh on them for one game.

The youngsters have to start being more consistent and regular, especially cutting out the same mistakes they keep making before they can have that say over the senior guys.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:39 pm
Im trying to remember a game where we actually chased a total down in this fashion. It's either usually a brilliant start (Mire in Sri Lanka) or a timed masterclass (Ervine against NZ) but for us to to need 68 off like 30 balls and actually pull it off.. wow.. I watched the whole game and I know its just Scotland but I have never seen us pull it off.

I guess kids always have a never say never attitude..
the one good thing about the kids is they dont have the losing mentality of the ones before them.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi