Zim v Sco T20I Series decider

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zim v Sco T20I Series decider

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

On paper though, specially with this result now and how it came, this kind of supports what Rajput was trying to say - focus on youth in T20Is. He had indicated building a team around Myers, Blessing, Ngarava, Wellington, Wes, Shumba for future in that interview of his. The last 4 names having a serious impact on this series win. He might say he stands vindicated! :lol:

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

So 4-4 in the T20s and 1-1 in the ODIs.

Better than our last tour up in there.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Wow.. that kid is special.. what has really impressed me is that he seems to have a plan and he thinks things through. He might have saved Rajput here.. wow.. that was special but let's remember this is Scotland. We still have a lot of work to do but there are some promising signs

In the end it quite symbolic that the kids won the match. That start was important but Hami can go to the board now and say look.. we are working on something..

I honestly hope Dave Houghton comes on board for Rajput. These kids have talent but they need good coaching to take them to the next level

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:31 pm
On paper though, specially with this result now and how it came, this kind of supports what Rajput was trying to say - focus on youth in T20Is. He had indicated building a team around Myers, Blessing, Ngarava, Wellington, Wes, Shumba for future in that interview of his. The last 4 names having a serious impact on this series win. He might say he stands vindicated! :lol:
He might. He really might I'm afraid.. Williams was missing in the Ireland T20s too. He actually proved a point whether we like it or not

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Mangongo would be a happy man today. Two guys he nurtured all through their junior cricket have won Zimbabwe a game, batting together. Credit to him, for finding these two talented guys and giving them the early U19 platform.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Im trying to remember a game where we actually chased a total down in this fashion. It's either usually a brilliant start (Mire in Sri Lanka) or a timed masterclass (Ervine against NZ) but for us to to need 68 off like 30 balls and actually pull it off.. wow.. I watched the whole game and I know its just Scotland but I have never seen us pull it off.

I guess kids always have a never say never attitude..

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:39 pm
Im trying to remember a game where we actually chased a total down in this fashion. It's either usually a brilliant start (Mire in Sri Lanka) or a timed masterclass (Ervine against NZ) but for us to to need 68 off like 30 balls and actually pull it off.. wow.. I watched the whole game and I know its just Scotland but I have never seen us pull it off.

Yeah, can't remember us pulling off such a chase very often. The CWC game vs Australia of course, then that BT last ball 6 game vs BD, Dougie MArillier against India in India in 2001 are the only ones on top of my mind.

PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by PSR »

:4: :6: :4: :6: :4: :6:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Imagine if we had decent coaches and got rid of the looters in the office. We might actually be consistently competitive against proper teams again one day.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:42 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:39 pm

Yeah, can't remember us pulling off such a chase very often. The CWC game vs Australia of course, then that BT last ball 6 game vs BD, Dougie MArillier against India in India in 2001 are the only ones on top of my mind.
Forgot the record chase vs NZ in the ODI too, Waller's 99*.