During the Admins' Absence

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

During the Admins' Absence

Post by Jemisi »

Hi All,

Yes, there has been lots of trolling lately.

Rather than filling threads with flame wars, please use this feature if you are unhappy with a troll.

It is in the sticky at the top of the page.

Don't Feed the Trolls.
Instead, silence them! At least as far as you're concerned.

-> Click on any username to access that user's profile
-> Click 'Add Foe' to add them to your 'foes' list.

This will collapse that user's posts so that you don't see them in threads. If someone's posts are annoying you, then that's the way to deal with them.

Thanks,

Jemisi

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: During the Admins' Absence

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yes, this is a simple solution and can be followed easily. If people don't take the bait, they'll get distraught and stop / leave.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

B.b.but, I want to be a keyboard warrior :(

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I get the logoc and it might be right but then they take over unopposed and Have conversations between themselves, literally literally between themselves I’ve seen them log out of the various accounts and engineer their own agenda.
So then all the casual onlookers are fed with retardation and lead chip soup and people like me who don’t log in 90% of the time.

I still so we all must report every post regardless of content it’s really possibly just one guy anyway
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

In theory you are right of course, but actually we should be expecting even some very basic low level moderation and that would fix it. How long would it take to ban the two accounts (possibly the same person) who currently troll? Maybe 1 minute? The place would be infinitely better for the majority instantly.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:18 am
In theory you are right of course, but actually we should be expecting even some very basic low level moderation and that would fix it. How long would it take to ban the two accounts (possibly the same person) who currently troll? Maybe 1 minute? The place would be infinitely better for the majority instantly.
they literally laughed at the suggestion of adding more mods three years ago when there was also a huge push.

Because basic moderation in the absence of the mods is such an absurd concept :lol:
They are putting themselves and the forum at risk. At the end of the day its inevitable theres going to be another doxxing situation, which could have comsequences within Zim when not dealt with.

The admin team is the owner and the kid who was obsessed with BT but has since grown up and naturally held other interests.
Times today arent the same as 2007.
Add me (Europe) Crimson (India) Eugene (US) and Googly (local Zim) Jemisi (Oz) and the place is securely watched 24/7.
Doesnt hae to be admin, just mod.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

I'm not saying it isn't a problem.

And I think that you raise a valid issue with them taking over if we all just ignore them.

But if everyone is just swearing at each other it doesn't exactly look like we are 'handling' them.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:42 am
They are putting themselves and the forum at risk. At the end of the day its inevitable theres going to be another doxxing situation, which could have comsequences within Zim when not dealt with.
This sort of worry is the main reason I read the forum for a good 10 years but never signed up and posted. I guess as I’ve got older though I’ve just stopped caring haha.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Forgive me as I don’t frequent the forum as much these days, but is Jemisi admin now?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:38 pm
Forgive me as I don’t frequent the forum as much these days, but is Jemisi admin now?
No.