Ireland and Scotland Tour reflection

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Ireland and Scotland Tour reflection

Post by TapsC2 »

I have a feeling this is a court case waiting to happen. A lot of potential grey areas if there is no formal dismissal or resignation

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'd be interested to know where the Zim team stayed whilst on tour. I just read a post that said ZC should be ashamed of themselves because of the team accommodation, not sure there's much merit in it, I'm sure Scotland and Ireland would have ensured they were reasonably well catered for, maybe the boys didn't like the warm ale.

I believe the Namibian tour daily allowances have not been paid and are not likely to. :lol:
Nothing will happen to the culprits :lol:
I guess they got a nice trip and should be grateful. :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:55 pm
I'd be interested to know where the Zim team stayed whilst on tour. I just read a post that said ZC should be ashamed of themselves because of the team accommodation, not sure there's much merit in it, I'm sure Scotland and Ireland would have ensured they were reasonably well catered for, maybe the boys didn't like the warm ale.
Probably some dodgy Premier Inn by the side of a motorway. Scotland isn't natural territory for a Zimbo anyway. I hated it when I tried to live there :lol:

Wherever they stayed, it surely can't be worse than the places in Harare they've made some of the guys stays this past year or so in 'bubbles'. I've heard some horror stories.
I believe the Namibian tour daily allowances have not been paid and are not likely to. :lol:
Sigh. Nothing ever changes does it.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Just looked at the ICC's official rankings, and Zimbabwe are now 15th in ODIs :o

How did they fall that far down? They were comfortably 11-12th not so long ago but how do you fall another 4 spots?

They seemed to have made up some lost ground in T20s though, they are 11th in T20s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:35 pm
Just looked at the ICC's official rankings, and Zimbabwe are now 15th in ODIs :o

How did they fall that far down? They were comfortably 11-12th not so long ago but how do you fall another 4 spots?

They seemed to have made up some lost ground in T20s though, they are 11th in T20s.
And this is no doubt BEFORE BT tuned out.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:35 pm

Does that really matter anymore with the ODI league? You only get to play 24 ODIs in 3 years and we have only played 2 ODIs where we had a realistic chance of winning. 1 washout and 6 ODIs where we honestly were the underdogs by a distance. December is key for us and if we claim 30 or 40 points I think we won't mind being ranked 15th

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

A super league series victory against the Netherlands for me is more important than the rankings.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Lol ICC team rankings are complete and utter wank by the way. And yes I'd be saying the same thing even if we were ranked high up. Look at how it's calculated, such a stupid system and its now very meaningless with the super league.

Still embarrassing and sad to be so low though, yes.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:41 pm

Does that really matter anymore with the ODI league?
Only if there's a marked change up or down. But the leagues obviously take on a far greater importance. I wonder if the ICC is going to switch to % points earned or points per match completed like they did for the WTC given so many ODIs have been cancelled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Was thinking more about Marumani and found out he was our best performing batsman at the U19 world cup. In fact he was 4th overall on the runs list and he hit the second most sixes. Bawa was our next best performer and he was 6th on the list. For a team that finished 11th that is impressive

He just needs to realize you can't smack every ball and work on his strike rotation but the potential is clearly there. He only had 1 domestic season which was cut in half to develop. Only played 3 first class matches. 1 or 2 full domestic seasons and he will be ready. He is only 19.