Ireland and Scotland Tour reflection

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Ireland and Scotland Tour reflection

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:35 pm
Just looked at the ICC's official rankings, and Zimbabwe are now 15th in ODIs :o

How did they fall that far down? They were comfortably 11-12th not so long ago but how do you fall another 4 spots?

They seemed to have made up some lost ground in T20s though, they are 11th in T20s.
Afghanistan & Netherland series are crucial for Zimbabwe in the league to avoid relegation

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:35 pm
Just looked at the ICC's official rankings, and Zimbabwe are now 15th in ODIs :o

How did they fall that far down? They were comfortably 11-12th not so long ago but how do you fall another 4 spots?

They seemed to have made up some lost ground in T20s though, they are 11th in T20s.
That is a surprise, Zimbabwe have struggled in ODIs though. The win against Pakistan will also count as a Tie, the super over was only for WSL points (Still good they got that)

ZIM has struggled against Bangladesh and Afghanistan which hasn't done the rankings any good. I hope they turn things around now in December when they play Both Afghans and the Dutch.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

UAE just trounced Ireland by 54 runs in Dubai. Looks like Ireland are still lacking consistency.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:05 pm
UAE just trounced Ireland by 54 runs in Dubai. Looks like Ireland are still lacking consistency.
They are like a park cricket team. Too heavy.
Their good players fire they do well if not, they crumble
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ireland have now lost a T20 series to the UAE who are not even in the world cup.

Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands will struggle in such conditions and I also think the likes of England, Australia, New Zealand might also struggle in the main round.

Reconfirms my point that this was Zimbabwe's real good chance of making the main round had they played the qualifiers, still pains me that they were denied the opportunity for no Reason, conditions will be better suited for Ire, Net, Scot next year in Australia.

I also have a feeling that Namibia will run both Ireland and Netherlands quite close. Not ruling out surprise wins for Namibia in this WC.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Scotland have just beaten Bangladesh at the World Cup.. looks like the kids were good practice for them. T20 is a funny format, anything can happen

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

They played so well today. Their fielding, their bowling and their depth in batting was really impressive. Well done Soctland. I'm looking forward to seeing Namibia play tomorrow. There's some names there which I've never seen on TV

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Makes the Scotland series win and the good performance in Ireland even more valuable.

We often say Zimbabwe losing to Scotland, Ireland, what is this that, but honestly the associates and Ireland are now pretty much at par with 7th to 10th ranked teams and are very much capable of beating them.

Zimbabwe themselves can cause big upsets next year if they play like how they did on that Europe tour.

Googly

Post by Googly »

No they cant, and won't. :lol: , that ship has long since sailed let's see...

Donald

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:53 pm
No they cant, and won't. :lol: , that ship has long since sailed let's see...
Brimming with positivity as ever Googly 😂😂.