Who's coming back for the upcoming domestic season?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Who's coming back for the upcoming domestic season?

Post by BostonZimbo »

Might be jumping the gun a bit here but I've seen all over this forum people questioning if X player is coming back and playing in Zim this year so I thought I'd start a thread to see what sort of rumours people may have heard/know about the upcoming season.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Who's coming back for the upcoming domestic season?

Post by secretzimbo »

Everyone keeps saying Murray is ‘100%’ back but no one can tell me which franchise. :?

PJ is coming back to Tuskers.

Some of the Tuskers lads are actually already in training and Eagles are due to meet and start soon.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

This might be secretzimbos platform.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:55 pm
Everyone keeps saying Murray is ‘100%’ back but no one can tell me which franchise. :?

Some of the Tuskers lads are actually already in training and Eagles are due to meet and start soon.
Massive. Can PJ open? Hope he has a better season and fights for selection. Many spots up for grabs.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:21 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Massive. Can PJ open? Hope he has a better season and fights for selection. Many spots up for grabs.
there arent too many are there? Its just the top order, backup keeper and maybe another bowler for Jongwe though I doubt he`ll give it up too easily. The middle order, spinner and fast bowling lineup are pretty settled given no injuries.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Taffy mupariwa from australia &Ben compton from uk coming

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I hope PJ has a great season. He is actually a very Important part of the transition as he is only 30. After what we saw Regis do I am not ruling anybody out. He can still play an important role but its clear that the only realistic option is opening. Especially if Murray is actually making a come back.

Weirdly enough there is a great chance with BT gone that we might get a PJ/Regis opening pair one day.

I'm also hoping the the first leg of the Pakistan "A" games are played in November before the Super League games.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Seems to have been some recent doubt about whether Rocks would continue this year but now appears to be confirmed that they will.

Ben Curran confirmed to be returning there. Shane Snater as well but only available after Christmas

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:41 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:21 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

there arent too many are there? Its just the top order, backup keeper and maybe another bowler for Jongwe though I doubt he`ll give it up too easily. The middle order, spinner and fast bowling lineup are pretty settled given no injuries.
Test matches as well. For now I'd have an in form PJ in my team. Adds a bit of experience to the team. So if he actually can open that might be a bonus. Rest of the batters in the country are far from good enough.

BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by BostonZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:41 pm
Seems to have been some recent doubt about whether Rocks would continue this year but now appears to be confirmed that they will.

Ben Curran confirmed to be returning there. Shane Snater as well but only available after Christmas
What about some of the other foreigners from last year. I know Welch is injured but I'd hope he'd play if not. I saw Evans is already back in Zim, what about Frost? Saw he'd popped up in Ireland