Who's coming back for the upcoming domestic season?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Who's coming back for the upcoming domestic season?

Post by The Robot »

Richard Lock, left hand bat and offspinner would be quality addition

https://www.espncricinfo.com/player/richard-lock-696133

Gary King fast bowling allrounder should play in Mountaineers

https://www.espncricinfo.com/player/gary-king-596369

Need to bring back Takodzwa Zimhindo, Kyle Hopper, Kevin Bowie, Kevin Dollar, Mohammed Eqlakh, Ryan Butterweather, Dipplock and revamp domestic structure
Robo to rule :oops:

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's the equivalent of a Zimbabwean posting on a Tibetan Yak breeding forum.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

Hey Robot, shouldn't you be more interested in up & coming Indian players in the Ranji trophy. Players like Learnedtocarve Alamb, Madonnacant Singh,
Soshal Distun Singh, Micar Sabitrusty & Drysa Nunznasti. Maybe you liken yourself to Bitofa Koksarkar.

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

cricket_22001 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:59 pm
Hey Robot, shouldn't you be more interested in up & coming Indian players in the Ranji trophy. Players like Learnedtocarve Alamb, Madonnacant Singh,
Soshal Distun Singh, Micar Sabitrusty & Drysa Nunznasti. Maybe you liken yourself to Bitofa Koksarkar.
Thats Canada, USA domestic cricket :lol:
Robo to rule :oops:

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

For the love of God, can an administrator please purge these bots!!. We genuinely want to know how the domestic season is shaping up, be it rumours or speculation..from people in the know.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

As usual, complete and utter chaos and confusion - players and teams don't know where or when they are playing and in what competition.

The mens senior season is scheduled to begin in some form around the weekend of the 16th/17th October - but whether it will be the NPL or the Logan Cup remains a source of confusion.

From what I've heard the original intention was the play the NPL first, much like last year. However with an expanded number of teams, there was a need to play matches at a larger number of venues. Implementing the SRC Covid requirements at some of the outgrounds proved costly/too difficult for anyone to be bothered with.

So there seems to have been a change of heart and we could well have a first round of Logan Cup games in mid-October. This prospect is being actively entertained by ZC and the franchises apparently.

ZC personnel are promoting 'overseas players and overseas based Zimbabweans' as having signed up, but it's hard to see how they can turn up at such short notice.

An NPL club has told me they are still waiting for the dates and fixture list for their comp. They are all on standby to start in October but theres a chance that comp could be pushed back to January.

Equally I imagine some of the national team players probably aren't too keen on going straight into Logan Cup after a (by our standards) busy six months with little break from bio bubbles and tours.

If anyone knows anything more concrete, please let us know!

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

If the Logan Cup does start in October, ZC would have managed to begin two seasons of first class competition post COVID while BCCI (and BCB, as Kriterion put it) hasn't even had one. That is something.

But yes, after cancelling the entire FC competition last year, BCCI has already announced dates for this season - to start from mid-Nov 2021. So, I can understand the need for better planning :)

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:37 pm
As usual, complete and utter chaos and confusion - players and teams don't know where or when they are playing and in what competition.

The mens senior season is scheduled to begin in some form around the weekend of the 16th/17th October - but whether it will be the NPL or the Logan Cup remains a source of confusion.

From what I've heard the original intention was the play the NPL first, much like last year. However with an expanded number of teams, there was a need to play matches at a larger number of venues. Implementing the SRC Covid requirements at some of the outgrounds proved costly/too difficult for anyone to be bothered with.

So there seems to have been a change of heart and we could well have a first round of Logan Cup games in mid-October. This prospect is being actively entertained by ZC and the franchises apparently.

ZC personnel are promoting 'overseas players and overseas based Zimbabweans' as having signed up, but it's hard to see how they can turn up at such short notice.

An NPL club has told me they are still waiting for the dates and fixture list for their comp. They are all on standby to start in October but theres a chance that comp could be pushed back to January.

Equally I imagine some of the national team players probably aren't too keen on going straight into Logan Cup after a (by our standards) busy six months with little break from bio bubbles and tours.

If anyone knows anything more concrete, please let us know!
'Zimbabwe cricket domestic season likely to start mid October starting off with the Logan cup, matches likely to be played countrywide subject to SRC approval. Some overseas players will feature for different franchises.'
-frank mawoza

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:09 am
If the Logan Cup does start in October, ZC would have managed to begin two seasons of first class competition post COVID while BCCI (and BCB, as Kriterion put it) hasn't even had one. That is something.

But yes, after cancelling the entire FC competition last year, BCCI has already announced dates for this season - to start from mid-Nov 2021. So, I can understand the need for better planning :)
BCB just announced first class cricket resuming with the NCL in mid October. No word on the zonal BCL tournament however. But the NCL means more players will get paychecks and gametime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

cricket_22001 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:59 pm
I did write an article once some years ago when Pakistan were introducing a lot of young teens to Test cricket, about a five-year-old genius recently uncovered by name of Babi Wizkid, whose only technical weakness was a tendency to get out lbw when hit on the head. He was the grandson of the controversial umpire Watta Bubu, and his claims were being publicized by the cricket writer Bulshit Ali. I forget the other characters in the story, but unfortunately nothing more has been heard of the boy (or my article).