Nigeria u19

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Nigeria u19

Post by Jemisi »

Yikes, 89 from Mumba and they still lost

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

:lol: :lol: they should definitely keep quiet about this. Very weird scorecards..Mumba is their best batsman :lol: has Mavuta fallen this far?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Ouch. That’s pretty embarrassing. Although as I said in another thread recebtly Rhinos squad is looking very weak - they need to do some recruiting.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:04 pm
Ouch. That’s pretty embarrassing. Although as I said in another thread recebtly Rhinos squad is looking very weak - they need to do some recruiting.
One one hand, jesus how did a pretty poor u19 team beat a fully fledged Zimbabwe first class side. Does this mean the u19 teams in Zim are better than the first class ones? On the other good to see Nigeria getting better in cricket and Mumba getting some runs. I like him

grant

Post by grant »

Jeez :lol: :lol: This is a new low. Is Carl Mumba going the Maruma/Mutombodzi way?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:06 pm
Does this mean the u19 teams in Zim are better than the first class ones?
Absolutely.
The last 19s team would win the first class tournament if the National players were away.
Even the Alistair Campbell academy two years ago won it or came close with just kids.

The players who don’t have a national contract are usually the dregs that show up because they have no other options or it’s fun for them.
Who else is playing for 100 bucks a month in the middle of the week?
If you look at all the last 15 years 19s team. They usually play and go out the door without being fed into the domestic system.
If you’re 28, in No danger of making the national team and okay first class, you’re either very rich or very poor.
Someone floated the idea here that yours like Singapore where they bring players in who are questionable selections, are just ti reward the loyalty of hanging around the scene.
So in this theory Maruma is no longer getting selected to be the next BT, but ti say thanks for being in the system and here’s some match fees- but only half, the rest goes to Makoni.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

grant wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Jeez :lol: :lol: This is a new low. Is Carl Mumba going the Maruma/Mutombodzi way?
When the Competiton is weak, it’s easy just to reesyablosj yourself from batsman to bowler and vice versa
Admittedly it does happen occasionally, like James Franklin,but can you imagine someone like Mark Wood rock up and be ‘imma be a batsman now’ and actually do it?
Happens a lot in Zim.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Mumba's stats told me everything I need to know about what's going on out there. It's a boozers match when your top bowler has the best batting stats.

Kwekwe sports club is a decent place. Funny thing is all these "out of harare" sports clubs are actually decently looked after and have a small white community too. Was there a few weeks ago. Was pleasantly surprised. I'm hoping the Midwest rhinos are actually based there this season. Might go check out a few games. A lot of those players are in Kadoma though, about 60km away.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What do you have against Midwest lads that you want them to be based there ? :lol:
I say that half in jest, Jason Gillespie loved it there, and I know a couple of others that quite enjoyed it. Back in the day Kwe Kwe Sports club used to hum. You had to mind your P's and Q's, some rough tough lads you used to frequent that place.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Something very odd about Nigeria quietly being here, not wanting to play our U19's, playing strange pick-up sides etc. Doesn't quite stack up.