List of Zimbabwe Under 19 Captains turned successful for the national Team.

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: List of Zimbabwe Under 19 Captains turned successful for the national Team.

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:55 pm
I agree that its how you look at it. Each country will have a relative about of FC players matched to their nations geographical features and popultions etc.
I'm just telling you, factually, that the English County game, right now, is as strong as it has been for some time. Some of the kids coming through right now are unreal. Jamie Smith is a key example of this for Surrey, what a player he's going to be.
That's why there's been a spate of retirements this summer, such as that of Stuart Meaker. Older heads are getting pushed out and young blood is being pumped in.

Lancashire have some of the most exciting crickets literally waiting in the wings that I've ever seen. They've got batter after batter and they've got a genuine 90mph quick who, I've heard, will be unleashed next summer.
english sport across the whole has improved.
now the UK will come 6ish in the olympics but if you look at the medal tallies 20 years ago they werent in the top 15
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: List of Zimbabwe Under 19 Captains turned successful for the national Team.

Post by sloandog »

Pathways have been put in place from the end of the 2000's and the beginning of the 2010's, to invest the necessary time, money and expertise to achieve the desired success. Probably something ZC could take a look at...