Dave Houghton appointed as ZC Coaching Manager

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Dave Houghton appointed as ZC Coaching Manager

Post by zimbos_05 »

zimlover wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:19 am

Remember at his county gig in UK he was not a coach rather he was a director of cricket meaning he was in charge of the whole set up including coaches.
So he had Hammys role? So what is the point of Hammy if he is doing what Hammy is supposed to be doing?

I'm not against the appointment or the idea, I'm just trying to figure out the logistics and logic.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

So,

Houghton is in charge of coaching and coach development 'at all levels, formats and age groups'
That Indian schoolteacher bloke (name?) schedules and arranges the domestic season, and also arranges the logistics of overseas tours. Don't know his name but you always seem him and his bright white beard standing around on broadcasts.
Darlington does all the marketing and media stuff
Chiturumani is in charge of 'cricket analysis and data strategy' whatever the fuck that is
Jarvis & Chigumbura are in charge of scouting talent
Mutendera is the chief selector
Mukuhlani does all the dick sucking with the ICC, PCB, BCCI and whoever else wants their dick sucked at any point
Makoni is the go to man for general skullduggery and hitman-duties keeping the provinces in line.

So what is Hamilton doing?

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:39 am
So,

Houghton is in charge of coaching and coach development 'at all levels, formats and age groups'
That Indian schoolteacher bloke (name?) schedules and arranges the domestic season, and also arranges the logistics of overseas tours. Don't know his name but you always seem him and his bright white beard standing around on broadcasts.
Darlington does all the marketing and media stuff
Chiturumani is in charge of 'cricket analysis and data strategy' whatever the fuck that is
Jarvis & Chigumbura are in charge of scouting talent
Mutendera is the chief selector
Mukuhlani does all the dick sucking with the ICC, PCB, BCCI and whoever else wants their dick sucked at any point
Makoni is the go to man for general skullduggery and hitman-duties keeping the provinces in line.

So what is Hamilton doing?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:20 am
zimlover wrote:

Remember at his county gig in UK he was not a coach rather he was a director of cricket meaning he was in charge of the whole set up including coaches.
So he had Hammys role? So what is the point of Hammy if he is doing what Hammy is supposed to be doing?

I'm not against the appointment or the idea, I'm just trying to figure out the logistics and logic.

Hamilton is Responsible for giving credibility to the lot that are in charge, everyone knows that the crew in charge of ZC have no proper cricketing experience or expertise.

They lack the credibility that is required of such a organisation.

Hami’s Job is to create a mirage that they have credibility.

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:26 am
zimlover wrote:
I think ZC hired Houghton to be in charge of developing coaches, so he will supervisor all the franchise coaches and maintain a standard.

Also as part of his role Dave Houghton will work to develop some of the local franchise coaches or play a leading role in recruiting our next coach, only if he thinks non of the local guys have what it takes to coach a international side.

In my view this is not necessary a bad move from ZC, because we will benefit from having someone with quality experience from a county set up, working with our coaches.
Thats a weird role for a cash strapped organisation. just make him head coach and include this as part of the package, extra 15% pay.
Hami’s job is just to give the impression that they have some cricketing brains at ZC and they know what they are doing.including hami in the setup gives the impression that they now have cricket development at the centre of their operations.

Basically Hami is a cleaner

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

zimlover wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:45 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
zimlover wrote:

Hamilton is Responsible for giving credibility to the lot that are in charge, everyone knows that the crew in charge of ZC have no proper cricketing experience or expertise.

You are right. Hami is a known face. It looks good to everybody not in the loop out there that things are good. That's why he probably travels with the squad instead of Mukuhlani now

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

zimlover wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:45 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
zimlover wrote:

Hamilton is the token black admin who actually played the game at a high level and has the credibility to drag Mutendera; Chibhabha; Mukhulani and Makoni to dizzy heights..
Without him and in a democratic society everyone would have been fired with the upheaval that happened in Ireland and Scotland...

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

Whilst everyone here is not a big fan of Hami the administrator, i actually think the move to bring in Houghton was a good move.

Remember in 2010 we had a similar set up, if i remember properly this is about the same time we had Grant flow come back and become a player coach for Zimbabwe.
In 2010 we also had Gillespie became a coach in Zimbabwe in August 2010. He worked primarily with the MidWest Rhinos, but also on "grassroots" activities to improve the performance of young players in Zimbabwe.

We also has Alan Donald coaching Mountaineers during the same period in 2010.

All these people would have been under Houghton, i am yet to see what he can attract to our set up this time around.

Also this is the same time we hosted a tri series with India and Srilanka and we beat a very good up coming indian side which had players like Kholi, Raina, Jadeja,, Vijay, Rohit Sharma.

I think letting Houghton be there director of coaching will help attract upcoming coaches or good coaches to come in the zim set up and work with him and under him.

I think ZC have done a good job here, both hami and Houghton will be able to work well together, Hami is still a very good cricketer in my books he may not be best administrator but i believe he still has a lot to give with his experience and relationship with other player and the board.

2010 was probably our best period of cricket since the return of the rebel saga, we had quality coaches in the First class structures and the economy in Zimbabwe looked like it was turning around.So if ZC can reproduce this period of time again i think it will be a genius move.

Googly

Post by Googly »

In a world of entitled, lazy, corrupt, incompetent MF's, this Darlington fellow who is supposedly in charge of media reigns supreme as as the most useless guy on the planet.
In a morass of prejudice, blunt stupidity, bone idleness, mind boggling ineptitude, covering one's arse and general cock holding, this guy is the absolute best in the world at doing nothing. With the other blokes you know you're getting poison, this fellow just exists. Imagine how angry it must make this Mawoza guy! He does all the dirty work for a mere pittance and yet Darling has earned a good living for years. :lol:

Nobody has ever made a meaningful difference in any coaching role here, other than making the players significantly worse than when they started :lol:
Flower did the hard yards but was accused of favoring white players by others who had to blame their lack of ability on something other than lack of ability, work ethic and a set of balls.
Will DH be the first? He's already had a stab at it and the short answer is no.
At national level if you need someone to coach you the basics I'd suggest you're not good enough to begin with :lol:
At any level below that coaches and players will be all enthusiastic in his presence at his sage advice and go right back to what little they were doing before. The cricket culture here is dead and buried and he's not making a jot of difference, he knows it, they know it and we know it. End of.