Logan Cup 15-18 Oct | Eagles V Rocks | Mountaineers V Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup 15-18 Oct | Eagles V Rocks | Mountaineers V Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Evans about 130kph really - more like Jongwe's speeds. Ngarava was doing 140 regularly on the speed gun on the Ireland/Scotland tours. Chivanga is said to be similar but I reckon that might be a bit of a myth/heresay.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Yes I think Evans bowls around the pace Jarvis was bowling at. Probably at par with Jongwe. Mumba should be quicker.

A speed gun is a must. I have also heard Kuda Macheka has a bit of gas. He is in his early 20s. Might be worth a look. Don't know how true that is

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

The bowling is certainly looking pretty healthy at the moment. Blessing/Ngarava/Larry/Nyauchi/Mumba/Evans/Jongwe is a pretty good bunch. Hopefully an out-and-out spinner can step up this season.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I hope Jarvis (talent scout) can convince Evans to stick around and play for Zimbabwe. Evans will be a massive addition to this side.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Evans busted his ankle today, will miss a few games.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:44 pm
I hope Jarvis (talent scout) can convince Evans to stick around and play for Zimbabwe. Evans will be a massive addition to this side.
I think he'll be a good addition to the T20 side, perhaps at a push the ODI side. He wong do anything for the test XI

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Won't **

Googly

Post by Googly »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:59 pm
Evans busted his ankle today, will miss a few games.
Busted ? Twisted? Big difference there.
Busted is season ending, possibly career ending- quicks need ankles of steel. If you want to make your stomach feel funny then watch some slo mo of Wakar Younis' ankles, it's bloody horrible to watch.
Twisted is not far off as well- you pick up an early ankle injury in your career and that shit is like herpes.
He could teach himself to bowl leggies and focus on batting, I'm only half joking, he's got real ability at any cricketing discipline.

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:58 pm
Yes I think Evans bowls around the pace Jarvis was bowling at. Probably at par with Jongwe. Mumba should be quicker.

A speed gun is a must. I have also heard Kuda Macheka has a bit of gas. He is in his early 20s. Might be worth a look. Don't know how true that is
If Macheka is the youngster I'm thinking of the boys used to call him Machucker, and with just cause. He was damned quick and used to get the schoolboys jumping, but it was a highly questionable action. Would make Vittori look like Mcgrath .

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:54 pm
Evans about 130kph really - more like Jongwe's speeds. Ngarava was doing 140 regularly on the speed gun on the Ireland/Scotland tours. Chivanga is said to be similar but I reckon that might be a bit of a myth/heresay.
I remember Ngarava bowling low 130s one game and then 135 to high 130s in the other. Blessing too was low 130s and then jumped to low 140s. Just a bit strange the variation in speeds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)