Logan Cup 15-18 Oct | Eagles V Rocks | Mountaineers V Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Logan Cup 15-18 Oct | Eagles V Rocks | Mountaineers V Rhinos

Post by Googly »

I'm just saying he's going to make more of an impact with the new ball yet they had him at first change bowling longer spells last year. Why? Do we need yet another 130kph trundler whose claim to fame is he can bowl 10 over spells?

I see he threw away another hundred as well. He had a fifer and a hundred in his sights, and that's what it's probably going to take, and more than once.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Agree but Chivanga and Ngarava are both a fair bit quicker than Brad so I can see why they open the bowling. Either way it’s a very good bowling lineup. Eagles probably favourites for the title I reckon.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Difficult when you have ngarava and chivanga as the bowlers too in same eleven. Both of them fast bowlers and quicker than Brad Evans. Chivanga is inconsistent though but ngarava has come on leaps and bounds past 12 months with both accuracy and pace save for the nightmare last over against Scotland in the 3rd 20 20

Donald

Post by Donald »

Chivanga on the money today

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Massive win for the Eagles. Yes. Difficult to imagine anyone else winning the trophy this time. They are very strong.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Mavuta having a good game and not just ith the ball. important contribution with the bat too. Has he turned a corner. Do we still need him in the ODI squad with the emergence of madhevere and burl being able to bowl as well as raza and williams.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The short answer is a resounding no.
Anyone thinking they're knocking on the door is likely to face disappointment. ZC are going to stick with their "young guns" selection for the foreseeable future I would think.
This will probably also mean they will continue to underpay the franchise guys because they don't really have to be that nice to anyone else. Nobody I know has any other options, captive players in yet another looming short and wet season.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:47 am
Agree but Chivanga and Ngarava are both a fair bit quicker than Brad so I can see why they open the bowling. Either way it’s a very good bowling lineup. Eagles probably favourites for the title I reckon.
It would be interesting to see their respective bowling speeds. Surely its in their interests to get a speed gun, how much does one cost? I'd be surprised if there was more than 5kph in it, if that.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Theyre between 50 and 190 quid, Amazon will deliver the Bushnell by Wednesday.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Evans, at best, is around 83mph on a good day.