Logan cup 2021-22 squads

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan cup 2021-22 squads

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:01 pm
Red ball cricket is irrelevant for Zimbabwe. ZC should shorten the four dayers tournament and put more interest in Pro 50 and domestic T20s by increasing the number of matches and bringing 6th side comprising of academy like Rangers or ZRS which will make Zim learn the modern approach, setting a good team for shorter format, guide the under 19 kids and make Zim qualify for upcomming ICC events

20 logan cup games for a side who plays one or two test in a year is plenty
How very ‘robotic’ of you 🤔🤖

Googly

Post by Googly »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Red ball cricket is irrelevant for Zimbabwe. ZC should shorten the four dayers tournament and put more interest in Pro 50 and domestic T20s by increasing the number of matches and bringing 6th side comprising of academy like Rangers or ZRS which will make Zim learn the modern approach, setting a good team for shorter format, guide the under 19 kids and make Zim qualify for upcomming ICC events

Why do you persevere on this forum? You don't have a single admirer. Even your mum has regrets.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

I didn’t even read this. Even at this point of replying I Havent. Just saw that it is your name and I know no one gives a fuck.
Why don’t you troll a Pakistan cricket forum instead? Think of the bites you’ll get. Zindabad Pakistan.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:58 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:24 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:28 am
Jono Campbell will struggle to get much game time with Burl & Mavuta both available and playing at Rhinos. He’s another who probably should look at trying to move. Although I’ve sort of given up on him ever really making it now.
Big year needed from him, and never write off these pedigree dudes too early I think.
Alistair was the most frustrating type of Zimbo we have all seen (hardcore inconsistent) but on his day he hit centuries with ease.
Very much a duck or ton batter.
but he hit those tons against great attacks and there is every chance Jono will click into gear and be like Alistair. He has the genes, coaching and connections.
^ All true. He's shown it in flashes but never seems to have got any consistency. But like I say he might have to think about moving. With no international cricket scheduled during the Logan dates this year he's going to have to fight past both Burl and/or Mavuta to get a game. It's a long season though I suppose, and Burl is only ever 5 minutes away from an injury.....
Yeah I agree with you.
Cunning and strategy is huge.
Alistair has that, we know from his business dealings.
I had a good day today myself. No need to go into details bevause no one will carr but it was the culmination of a lot of cunning, strategy and manipulation (good way) that all game to a head. I’m sitting here thinking I’d love to be Jono Campbell right now.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Sean Williams had a run out today for Tuskers in their final match against Botswana. I'm surprised Ervine & Moor didn't get a warm-up game, maybe that means they won't be playing in the next round of Logan fixtures starting on Thursday?

It's been mostly the Tuskers reserves playing this series - I've never heard of a lot of the players.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:51 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

I didn’t even read this. Even at this point of replying I Havent. Just saw that it is your name and I know no one gives a fuck.
Why don’t you troll a Pakistan cricket forum instead? Think of the bites you’ll get. Zindabad Pakistan.
Who wants your idiotic reply. By the way reply on my every post clearly indicates you have huge interest in my posts. To avoid, better you get a new master to lick the feet.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:16 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

Who wants your idiotic reply. By the way reply on my every post clearly indicates you have huge interest in my posts. To avoid, better you get a new master to lick the feet.
Germ.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:27 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:16 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

Germ.
Shit

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

Unless i've completely missed it but its a shame that ZC hasn't been able to try get a few of the overseas zimbos like last year again such as Snater, Muyeye or even Schadendorf, who got a single first class game last UK season. Snater showed what a gulf in class it was between the Logan Cup and the County Championship last year and thought that if ZC could get regular attendance from these guys who have experienced the County lifestyle it would really help with improvements on the level of competition in general. I don't think its any coincidence that with the return of Blessing Muzarabani we've seen Richard Ngarava improve both in his pace but also his general consistency.

Googly

Post by Googly »

How do you entice an overseas if you can only give 3 days notice that the season is about to start? It really would make a difference. Firstly it would add a lot if interest. We see the same old faces averaging 20 something year in and year out. The players and the followers would be most interested in seeing where everyone is at. The players that the overseas guys would likely replace are definitely not in the running anyway, so you're hardly preventing some guy from being a superstar.
Last year was a mess, ZC weren't entirely to blame, Covid reared it's head. The season prior to that (or was it last season), when Derbyshire and Durham (?) arrived would have been a real game changer here and ZC need to open their doors for county teams wanting a few pre-season games. There are two main reasons why ZC avoid playing cricket- firstly it costs money and it's an inconvenience to actually organise, and secondly it's not in their interests to prove to everybody how shit we really are. They'd continously pick a Presidents Eleven basically comprising our full national side to avoid the humiliation of a right clubbing. Sadly this is mostly true. Full strength county sides are bloody formidable I tell you, they'd obliterate one of our franchise sides. I'd say they'd best our national side 9/10 tines.