Logan cup 2021-22 squads

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan cup 2021-22 squads

Post by sloandog »

There's a lot of up and coming talent at the moment which is excellent to see. We need probably two out of the current under 19's to make the jump to franchise level and then the national side. A spinner is key here

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:23 pm
Is Shumba with the tuskers? If he is then I think they have a decent middle order, especially for this format
Yeah Milton is staying with Tuskers.

The only person missing is Myers and nobody seems able/willing to confirm he is at uni or where.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I'm told Charles Coventry is back in the country and apparently has an assistant coach gig with Tuskers.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:58 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:23 pm
Is Shumba with the tuskers? If he is then I think they have a decent middle order, especially for this format
Yeah Milton is staying with Tuskers.

The only person missing is Myers and nobody seems able/willing to confirm he is at uni or where.
Oh! Dear. I desperately hope Myers sticks around. That will be a big loss. 🙁

Googly

Post by Googly »

If he's not around then there's a possibility that he's checked in to an English Uni, we will know soon enough.
If they apply the new regulations strictly he's not going to get much cricket in there, but there are ways as we've seen, and the English may well turn a blind eye. The desperation for young black talented batsmen is real, they're like rocking horse shit. And Myers is English talented, not Zim talented. He's an uber bright youngster and I don't see a young man of his ability putting cricket on hold for 3 years. Black Zimbos have been infiltrating England (legitimately and otherwise) for at least two generations and they've done it well, there's at least a million and counting. I think his older brother is there, which means he's probably on a residency visa, so there's probably a semi -legit claim there somewhere. Home Office is manned by every single race on the planet except for white English :lol: :lol: . I was helped fast track something by an awesome Kenyan lady :lol:
The Afrikaans would call them sout piels :lol:.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:09 pm
I'm told Charles Coventry is back in the country and apparently has an assistant coach gig with Tuskers.
Just hearing his name is nostalgic. Stupid amounts if talent but never managed to fulfill it

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Jono Campbell will struggle to get much game time with Burl & Mavuta both available and playing at Rhinos. He’s another who probably should look at trying to move. Although I’ve sort of given up on him ever really making it now.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:28 am
Jono Campbell will struggle to get much game time with Burl & Mavuta both available and playing at Rhinos. He’s another who probably should look at trying to move. Although I’ve sort of given up on him ever really making it now.
Big year needed from him, and never write off these pedigree dudes too early I think.
Alistair was the most frustrating type of Zimbo we have all seen (hardcore inconsistent) but on his day he hit centuries with ease.
Very much a duck or ton batter.
but he hit those tons against great attacks and there is every chance Jono will click into gear and be like Alistair. He has the genes, coaching and connections.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:24 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:28 am
Big year needed from him, and never write off these pedigree dudes too early I think.
Alistair was the most frustrating type of Zimbo we have all seen (hardcore inconsistent) but on his day he hit centuries with ease.
Very much a duck or ton batter.
but he hit those tons against great attacks and there is every chance Jono will click into gear and be like Alistair. He has the genes, coaching and connections.
^ All true. He's shown it in flashes but never seems to have got any consistency. But like I say he might have to think about moving. With no international cricket scheduled during the Logan dates this year he's going to have to fight past both Burl and/or Mavuta to get a game. It's a long season though I suppose, and Burl is only ever 5 minutes away from an injury.....

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Red ball cricket is irrelevant for Zimbabwe. ZC should shorten the four dayers tournament and put more interest in Pro 50 and domestic T20s by increasing the number of matches and bringing 6th side comprising of academy like Rangers or ZRS which will make Zim learn the modern approach, setting a good team for shorter format, guide the under 19 kids and make Zim qualify for upcomming ICC events

20 logan cup games for a side who plays one or two test in a year is plenty