Logan cup 2021-22 squads

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Logan cup 2021-22 squads

Post by Yvmnaidu »

chivanga, blessing, ngrava, andre odeendal for fast bowlers
jongwe, Evans, carlmamba for bowling allrounders
it's perfect for national team

Googly

Post by Googly »

The best outcome for the national team would be if you were involved in a high speed rickshaw accident.

totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by totoro »

^ :lol:

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:11 am
Zimco wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am
Squads look a bit thin I must say. Where ervine, blessing, Williams etc. Do they get a break? Doesnt make much sense.
Ervine & Willo at Tuskers. Blessing at Eagles but don't think we will see him for a while - had a few niggles on the UK tour and he's off to Abu Dhabi next month isn't he?

Blessing/Ngarava/Chivanga/Evans all at Eagles is a bit ridiculous though so I wouldn't be surprised if they shuffle Blessing off to Mountaineers or somewhere else after christmas.
Blessing in eagles? Last season he is in the Rocks squad.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Marshmallow wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:39 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:11 am
Zimco wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am
Squads look a bit thin I must say. Where ervine, blessing, Williams etc. Do they get a break? Doesnt make much sense.
Ervine & Willo at Tuskers. Blessing at Eagles but don't think we will see him for a while - had a few niggles on the UK tour and he's off to Abu Dhabi next month isn't he?

Blessing/Ngarava/Chivanga/Evans all at Eagles is a bit ridiculous though so I wouldn't be surprised if they shuffle Blessing off to Mountaineers or somewhere else after christmas.
Blessing in eagles? Last season he is in the Rocks squad.
You're right. My memory is awful!!!! He was at Eagles pre-Kolpak haha so thats my excuse. :D

BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by BostonZimbo »

Is Moor playing any domestic at all this year or has he given up on that as well?

Googly

Post by Googly »

The insinuation by the usual kretin was that he'd failed dismally and had come grovelling back and was being magnanimously received by people who wouldn't dream of bearing a grudge.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

BostonZimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:37 pm
Is Moor playing any domestic at all this year or has he given up on that as well?
Yes he's definitely in the Tuskers squad, 100%. Has trained with them this week. Might see him, Willo & Ervine get a warm-up runout in the final Botswana game this week.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:08 pm
The insinuation by the usual kretin was that he'd failed dismally and had come grovelling back and was being magnanimously received by people who wouldn't dream of bearing a grudge.
I hadn't seen this but the minute I read this post I knew who you meant, quick check of his timeline and.....yep! Good old Frankie M hey?

Tbf, he did have a pretty poor season over there - one good knock I think -, which I predicted when it was first announced he was heading there. He seems to have been on the decline for a few years and his keeping in particular has become rather horrid. He should probably ditch the gloves and concentrate on getting his batting back to a level of consistency. Still a great player in there somewhere. But definitely not at the level he was a few years ago atm.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Is Shumba with the tuskers? If he is then I think they have a decent middle order, especially for this format