Under 19s thread. Players and under 19 matches

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Under 19s thread. Players and under 19 matches

Post by secretzimbo »

Tinah09 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:39 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:11 pm
Is Bawa back at school now? Presumably he will be back in the side in the Windies.

Googly, Saul will be the keeper not Wolhuter. Has kept in every match over the past couple of months.
Had forgotten about Bawa, he played well st the last U19 WC, Last I heard he was in England. Maybe he is taking the Myers route and turning his back on an international cricket career? Will they even get opportunities to break into the county scene?
Yeah he is at school in Eastbourne but he came back last month for those U19 games Vs the franchises. I’m sure he’ll be in the Caribbean and almost certainly will be the captain I think.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

They are going to get smashed in the Caribbean. That select team is probably the level they need to be at and it looks like the batsmen struggled badly.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Let's see if there are some other players waiting in the wings. We could surprise a few people

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Wow. They played against a much weaker team today and could still only post 150. Very worrying.

https://www.crichq.com/matches/975048/1st_innings

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

These games are a very good idea. A question- how come Milton shumba is playing these games but other batsmen who could do with the practice like Wes and especially marumani aren't playing??

Good to see Milton is continuing his good form and I'm sure the experience he gains from Williams, Taylor, chakabva etc will filter down to the other youngsters.
Last edited by Zimco on Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Bawa coming back will make them stronger and also hopefully any South African or UK based players who could potentially be waiting in the wings.
I'm clutching at straws here but trying to be optimistic 😂😂😂😂

Donald

Post by Donald »

Milton shumba plays for tuskers so I guess as they aren't playing this weekend he turned out for the select team

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Zimco wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:41 pm
These games are a very good idea. A question- how come Milton shumba is playing these games but other batsmen who could do with the practice like Wes and especially marumani aren't playing??

Good to see Milton is continuing his good form and I'm sure the experience he gains from Williams, Taylor, chakabva etc will filter down to the other youngsters.
Because Wessly & Marumani were playing Pro50 today mate....

As for these games being a good idea, sure. They are good. But without a proper tour they are going to be woefully underprepared when they get to the Caribbean. This Omicron stuff has come along at a great time to excuse them. But the truth is there was absolutely nothing planned anyway. Unless something radical happens in the next month, this team will be one of the most underprepared we have sent for many years.

On todays performance against fairly average opposition, to be beaten so easily is very worrying. They are going to get spanked when they come up against Pakistan U19s and the Afghanistan U40's next month.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:07 pm
Zimco wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:41 pm

Because Wessly & Marumani were playing Pro50 today mate....

As for these games being a good idea, sure. They are good. But without a proper tour they are going to be woefully underprepared when they get to the Caribbean. This Omicron stuff has come along at a great time to excuse them. But the truth is there was absolutely nothing planned anyway. Unless something radical happens in the next month, this team will be one of the most underprepared we have sent for many years.

On todays performance against fairly average opposition, to be beaten so easily is very worrying. They are going to get spanked when they come up against Pakistan U19s and the Afghanistan U40's next month.

Ok no problem I assumed that might have been off with covid, I'm a bit out of the loop ATM

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 pm
Wow. They played against a much weaker team today and could still only post 150. Very worrying.

https://www.crichq.com/matches/975048/1st_innings
Wow, this is bad, i don't think they will be competitive, even the low-tier cricketing nations can beat our U19s at this rate. i thought some/most these U19 guys were playing some club cricket in England/SA or at least exposed to good facilities in Zim private schools? Zim Select teams thumping appear to be largely Pro50 fringe players. Is it bad coaching at national level?