Logan Cup 27-30 Oct | Mountaineers V Eagles | Tuskers V Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Logan Cup 27-30 Oct | Mountaineers V Eagles | Tuskers V Rhinos

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:58 am
Again, I was quite sure that the safest partnership for Mountaneers would come from Don and Wellington. That is bad that lineup is. Wellington is actually becoming a very dependable batsman to put up about 30 or so runs every time he walks out to bat.
Wellington out for 48, but I feel he's only a flat pitch and a friendly Logan Cup attack away from his maiden FC century :)

Meanwhile the Don is making amends for a poor return with the bat last match. He's now in his 139th FC innings. How often has he come in with a solid platform laid by the top order? 20 times, 30?

Googly

Post by Googly »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:56 am
foreignfield wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:44 am
He had been talked up as a future star in his schoolboy days; first featured in this forum almost 11 years ago, and he's still only 23.
Oh yes, I remember at that point Glen Byrom writing about him as the best young (left arm) spinner in the country. And he then chose to become a pacer. A reverse-Chisoro, basically.

Googly had glowing reviews of his initial days as left arm pacer too, on the forums, if I remember correctly.
He actually started as a seamer, was phenomenal, then decided it was too much like hard work and decided to try his hand as a spinner and was pretty good at that as well. He was then made to revert to seam. He was an excellent batting prospect as well, but he seems to have let that go completely. Damned nice guy as well. Great musician, plays the piano by ear.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:27 pm
Great musician, plays the piano by ear.
Enter the Piano Man :)

If he should ever make the national side the DJ at HSC got his work cut out. Billy Joel or Beethoven?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I believe he took some time out to pursue music, not sure how true that is. Ya don't know what his preference is. I think he has an older brother who was also a good cricketer.
When he runs in with venom he's a proper handful, gets the ball to talk.

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

Great to see PJ back playing FC cricket, a decent go of it today but probably left his work half finished. The Don is sadly enough seemingly one of the better batters in the country...

My prediction for Keith Jaure to have a mega season has started off pretty decently today, bowled with decent enough gas and was in good control of the ball from the footage i've seen.

Johnathan Campbell has had a solid but by no means amazing start to the season with a couple starts now but seems to struggle to build beyond a start, will be interesting to see how his leg spin is used tomorrow.

Surely this Rhinos unit roll through Tuskers in 2 sessions, the only guys i see in that lineup who i think could score runs are Ervine and Shumba.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I guess tiripano chips away with wickets for mountaineers and also has some good batting scores. Might be reason enough not to displace him at test level. When was jongwes last century for example?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Looks like Makoni Jr has hit a purple patch

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

He is only 21 after all. A good FC season will open doors for him

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Well done the Don, third FC century

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

When was jongwes last century for example?

During the 2014/15 season. Over 30 FC matches ago.