Logan Cup 3-6 Nov | Rocks V Mountaineers | Eagles V Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup 3-6 Nov | Rocks V Mountaineers | Eagles V Tuskers

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:15 am
Wow was enjoying the little duels between Madande and chivanga and ngarava.

Kinda wished we had chivanga playing against Bangladesh now. He looks like he goes for the LBW against the tail enders and more often than not he delivers. Full and straight with a touch of swing and at his pace 😀😀.
He could have got taskin early doors. Ngarava and muzarabani as good as they are kinda bowl snorters or length balls as their default. Sometimes you gotta bowl wicket to wicket and get those LBWs. Especially against the tail enders.
Bit of work to do against the front line batsmen though. High quality players like ervine saw him off.
Hope to see chivanga against Afghanistan in the test though
Yeah Chivanga still seems to bowl quite a few bad balls unfortunately - his accuracy isn’t quite there but I certainly think we have to give him a go at national level at some point and find out. It’s difficult on a stream but to the naked eye he looks just as quick as Ngarava.

Really enjoyed that spell of Ngarava and Chivanga - absolutely gripping stuff! Probably the most exciting passage of play in the Logan cup for a few years! Loved the send off to Jongwe and all the tricks against Madande, who did amazingly to see it off. The near-headbutt and words with Masuku as soon as he came out to bat was a bit much, but entertaining anyway! The umpires did well to calm things down in the end or it could have got ugly. We haven’t seen this kind of thing for years. I wish there was a stump mic!

Every stream I’ve watched this season the body language has been great. Players taking their cricket seriously. That’s half the battle in Zim.

Donald

Post by Donald »

He is certainly a good player when it comes to blowing away the tail ender judging by his past few performances.
I would like to see him against Afghanistan if they play that test

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:06 am
He is certainly a good player when it comes to blowing away the tail ender judging by his past few performances.
Yeah. The sensible thing Vs Afghanistan would surely be produce a green top and go with possibly 4 seamers. Means we’d have three genuine Number 11’s with the bat but shouldn’t be a concern if we back our batters.

Meanwhile Moor and Compton are putting on a partnership this morning....

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:09 am
Donald wrote:
Yeah. The sensible thing Vs Afghanistan would surely be produce a green top and go with possibly 4 seamers. Means we’d have three genuine Number 11’s with the bat but shouldn’t be a concern if we back our batters.

I can't see nyauchi chivanga blessing and ngarava all 4 of them against Afghanistan. That's too much of a tail against rashid and mujeeb 😂😂.
Tiripano will almost certainly be number 8 bat.

So we saw what happened when Afghanistan prepared a flat pitch in the second test. What a turnaround for them.

Only way for Zimbabwe to go is to prepare a spicy pitch green mamba full of pace. Muzarabani ngarava and chivanga would have a field day.
That's the only way I see us beating them. We have no recognised world class spinners so you prepare a dustbowl with cracks you might as well wave the white flag as they have mujeeb and rashid

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:17 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:09 am
Donald wrote:

I can't see nyauchi chivanga blessing and ngarava all 4 of them against Afghanistan. That's too much of a tail against rashid and mujeeb 😂😂.
Tiripano will almost certainly be number 8 bat.

So we saw what happened when Afghanistan prepared a flat pitch in the second test. What a turnaround for them.

Only way for Zimbabwe to go is to prepare a spicy pitch green mamba full of pace. Muzarabani ngarava and chivanga would have a field day.
That's the only way I see us beating them. We have no recognised world class spinners so you prepare a dustbowl with cracks you might as well wave the white flag as they have mujeeb and rashid
Ya I agree. Although I wasn't even thinking Nyauchi. I'd have Jongwe as the 4th seamer at 8. We'd have to rely on Burl/Raza/Wes as spin options as there'd be no room for Wellington. Jongwe/Chivanga/Blessing/Ngarava in tandem on a green pacy pitch and I think a lot of batsmen would have nightmares.

I'd be fine with that tail. We have to have 7 batsmen who are good enough. If they aren't good enough then its their fault, not the bowlers. We can't continue having our tail bail us out every time. Great teams don't rely on that.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

PJ on for a score here. That will please the forum.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Hope Moor gets a ton. Makes things interesting for the test and I guess he would be Taylors direct replacement

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

Evans will fit for odl & t20 matches. keithjaure, madande is also a better pick

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

There's finally been some really good scores appearing

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Please please please someone get Chamu out.