Gary Ballance Statement

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Gary Ballance Statement

Post by Googly »

So what is the correct term for somebody who hails from Pakistan? I think that we should all take a knee as it will surely start the healing. It's going to be a mouthful- The People Who Hail From Pakistan Lives Matter Too- TPWHFPLMT. Would BLM consider that racial appropriation? Here in Zim you'll often hear the words - these Mabhunu are racist :lol: and think nothing of it.
Imagine playing for a county for 10 years and feeling suicidal whilst doing so. He's obviously a good player, you'd think he'd have thought about moving around year 2.

He's laying all of this on Ballance's doorstep yet seemed more than happy to enjoy his hospitality in his house in Zimbabwe and then a decade later decide he's been a victim. If you've got a problem with one guy, that's surely fairly easily resolved. By Ballance's own admission he said some poor stuff, but I'm sure he's being used as a scapegoat, and you can't tell me Rafiq didn't fire back. I doubt you'll find any nationality, race, tribe or gender that has not said something derogatory about somebody different, I guess the trick is not to get caught.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

He is in trouble. This honestly sounds like a fallout between 2 friends but he should have never called him that.

The interesting thing about racial slurs is that it all depends on where you say it. That word is offensive in the UK just like how saying "coloured" is offensive in the western world too but in Southern Africa it is not.

From my understanding the word was used to describe a certain category of immigrants in the 60s and 70s. That's when it became offensive .

The way Yorkshire have handled it is the reason why unfortunately Ballance's punishment will be heavy. Might lose it all.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It might be time for Mukuhlani to ask Houghton to contact Ballance and offer him their shiny 4 year retirement package with 1 year upfront :lol:

They will never treat him the same again, especially because he isn't even from there.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Seems Ballance is getting his "Brexit wake-up call". The club, British media etc would have gone out of thier way to protect him if they deemed him of value to England Cricket. I guess they are hanging him out to dry. Reminds of the time when KeviPetersen became "persona non grata", the English press that had been singing his praises, started to refer to him a "the South Africa -born Kevin Petersen" and pushed for his omission from the England team (despite him being th8er best ever batsman)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Not true. British media will destroy anybody to sell a story, particularly if it's inline with current affairs and has traction.
Stokes' assault case is an obvious example.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

If the British media "goes after everyone", why is it that Prince Andrew, an entire paedophile ("allegedly") and close Jeffrey Epstein associate is not getting dragged in the "tabloids". The very same media has spent years trying to convince the world that Megan Markle is the "wicked witch of the west". They chose who to go after!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well Meghan Markle is poisonous to say the least, and her husband has shown his true colours as well. The tabloid stories play into their hands, they love the limelight and the hard done by stories, they've made a handsome living from it in America.

I googled Andrew and there's plenty of stories on him and his association with Epstein. It's the system that's protecting him from facing his accusers in America, the tabloids run a story every time there's further information.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:57 am
It might be time for Mukuhlani to ask Houghton to contact Ballance and offer him their shiny 4 year retirement package with 1 year upfront :lol:

They will never treat him the same again, especially because he isn't even from there.
Yeah, Could be a silver lining? :D But then, if it happens, ZC getting a white guy marred with racial abuse allegations to play in / for Zim will be even more hilarious.

Here's a conspiracy theory though. Did Houghton know about these ramifications coming for Ballance and is that the reason why he chose to work with ZC again so that he can attempt to bring Ballance back to Zim? :)

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:18 am
Here's a conspiracy theory though. Did Houghton know about these ramifications coming for Ballance and is that the reason why he chose to work with ZC again so that he can attempt to bring Ballance back to Zim? :)
bayhaus 2.0 ... :roll:

Googly

Post by Googly »

If ZC and the cricketers tolerated Vermuelen then Ballance will be the Pope in comparison. :lol: