Gary Ballance Statement

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Gary Ballance Statement

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:20 pm
I see the ECB have charged 7 people with bringing the game into disrepute in the Azeem Rafiq case. Names have not been released nor what's at stake if they're found guilty. It's likely that they will hand out some stiff censure.
Clearly they weren't having Yorshire's own internal handling of the matter.
I wonder if ICC put ECB under pressure to take it further or they've done so off their own bat?
Ballance is likely to be amongst those 7. I wonder what's in store for him? ZC could find a drop of absolution for their own decades long bigotry by giving him a contract :lol:

Presumably Rafiq will get away with a simple apology for his own racial slurs :lol: All they had to say to him is- but you're the same as these others, why are you here?
That commission must have cost the ECB a pretty penny.
I suspect they will get fined and banned for some months. Surely we are his only option now. The hearings are going to be a media spectacle. There will be no recovery from that. I'm thinking if the ECB officially charged him for something can he switch allegiances like that or all boards are linked somehow?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I find it comical that people think Ballance will ever even consider representing Zimbabwe.
He's a self proclaimed racist, he's white and he's rich. The epitome of what ZC don't want to he associated with.

Googly

Post by Googly »

No I think they'll be behind closed doors. Everything is smoke and mirrors in this world, it could be something quite minor they dish out as a window dressing exercise. Who knows what's in play here. If they rule that Ballance is guilty and hand him a ban that will be tricky. Who knows, it might be a long one? Bear in mind he doesn't seem to have played for a while, maybe it will be retrospective?

Googly

Post by Googly »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:34 pm
I find it comical that people think Ballance will ever even consider representing Zimbabwe.
He's a self proclaimed racist, he's white and he's rich. The epitome of what ZC don't want to he associated with.
Where has he admitted to being a self proclaimed racist?
He may have, I haven't seen any reports that says so.
I would think it unlikely that Zim is on the cards for him, but it's not impossible. I can assure you that if we lose in these qualifiers there will be genuine panic.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:37 pm
No I think they'll be behind closed doors. Everything is smoke and mirrors in this world, it could be something quite minor they dish out as a window dressing exercise. Who knows what's in play here. If they rule that Ballance is guilty and hand him a ban that will be tricky. Who knows, it might be a long one? Bear in mind he doesn't seem to have played for a while, maybe it will be retrospective?
He hasn't played for that long that there's a chance he's quietly serving a Yorkshire ban and it could be a case of double jeopardy if ECB impose their own ban.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I read it in the paper last autumn where he said he's said things like that before and never thought anything of it. Self proclaimed racist is probably a bit harsh from me, but he admitted to racial slurs over his lifetime.

There probably will be genuine panic, but they won't import Gary Ballance and Ballance won't want to be. His life and wife etc is are now based firmly in the UK.

Ben Curran, Brad Evans, Matigimu and Nick Welch are the realistic options. Byrom isn't going to make a return.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There's not a Zimbabwean, black, white, brown or yellow that hasn't made a racial slur :lol: I'll bet nuns are guilty.
Anyone who claims they haven't is a liar. :lol:

Banton doing his usual insane reverse scoops against pace. How the hell does he do that!!!! This is a great high quality game. Jeez I've got the kiss of death, Banton bowled. I want Hampshire to win anyway. Ever since Byrom got moved on from Somerset I've had a dislike for them. Passed over for three young guys that he's way better than

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Been speaking to a player within the system who is in the know. Houghton said his terms were that he has complete durisdiction on selection, which is good!
Also that he's targeted three players in county cricket which he's going to make a pass at. He hasn't specified who, but that's very encouraging.
Sounds like the panic from the board has already set in.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Wow. Even if that is mostly accurate that is encouraging.

Donald

Post by Donald »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:46 am
Been speaking to a player within the system who is in the know. Houghton said his terms were that he has complete durisdiction on selection, which is good!
Also that he's targeted three players in county cricket which he's going to make a pass at. He hasn't specified who, but that's very encouraging.
Sounds like the panic from the board has already set in.
Thats very good news.
Dane welch and Melton my money is on