ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualifiers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualifiers

Post by sam_ahm »

Easy wins in the end for Ireland and UAE. So. Oman miss out this time and Nepal still fail to make it.

I also think Group B is more amongst Zimbabwe, Netherlands and USA. Ideally Zimbabwe should be doing better, they will also have some competitive cricket under their belt.

I think PNG could make the semis as well ahead of Hong Kong. I don't think HK will cause any upsets. USA is a threat for both Zimbabwe as well as Netherlands, if they can beat Ireland then they can beat these two as well. So that's the danger side indeed.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

There are waaay too many World Cups. T20 should be every 4 years or go back to calling it the World T20 instead of calling it a World Cup IMO. I think the World Cup should be retained for the ODI format. Just my opinion.

We just had a T20 world cup in 2021 and now theres another in 2022. If they are gonna have it every 2 years...they should make it shorter. 16 teams in 4 groups of 4, quarterfinals, semis, final. Have it over in 2 weeks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

It will be interesting to see the man in red hot form Tim David choose Singapore for the qualifiers

Rajkumar Sharma

So UAE won Group A T20 qualifying tournament and finally they have shown some performance after 2015 WC qualifiers, they always have been a best host then a team in their cricket history.

UAE are placed with Sri Lanka & Namibia in Group A while Irish are placed with West Indies & Scotland in Group B in the first round of the T20 WC 2022

Rajkumar Sharma

Salman appointed as Singapore coach for the qualifiers
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/salm ... ch-1316081

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:54 pm
There are waaay too many World Cups. T20 should be every 4 years or go back to calling it the World T20 instead of calling it a World Cup IMO. I think the World Cup should be retained for the ODI format. Just my opinion.

We just had a T20 world cup in 2021 and now theres another in 2022. If they are gonna have it every 2 years...they should make it shorter. 16 teams in 4 groups of 4, quarterfinals, semis, final. Have it over in 2 weeks.
I like watching as much cricket as possible lol. Having said that, yeah there's no prestige with the t20 world cup. This last world cup was particularly bad though due to a variety of reasons. I`d give this next one a chance. Depending on how this next one goes, I`ll reserve my judgement tbh

Rajkumar Sharma

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 3:58 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:54 pm

I like watching as much cricket as possible lol. Having said that, yeah there's no prestige with the t20 world cup. This last world cup was particularly bad though due to a variety of reasons. I`d give this next one a chance. Depending on how this next one goes, I`ll reserve my judgement tbh

T20 World Cup generally takes place at the gape of 2 years. 2020 was postponed to 2021 due to covid followed by Cricket Australia issue with hosting the tournament. 2022 is as per schedule

Yes, ICC should take time factor while organizing world cups in sub continent as dew makes toss an important factor, in last t20 world cup, win the toss & chase plan worked for all the team.ICC should see that both the team enjoy dew or none. One team gets clear advantage because of dew and the thrill of the game gets over.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'll keep an eye out for Tim David and Singapore, they won't qualify but they can cause some upsets here and damage a teams chances. David on his own can win games. I'll be wary of them.

Salman Butt is a good cricketing brain, he messed up his own career irreparably but back in the day before his ban i genuinely thought Salman Butt will be a long term Pakistan captain and will do a lot of good things for his team. He speaks quite well on cricket even now and has got good insights.

Rajkumar Sharma

Zimbabwe going to get a tough time in this qualifiers as their defeats against lower ranked side has put a big question in their future in qualifiers

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Groups for the Group B Qualifier are out

Group A - Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Hong Kong, Uganda

Group B - Zimbabwe, USA, Singapore, Jersey