ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualifiers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualifiers

Post by secretzimbo »

He's still playing for Jersey this year by the looks of it.

Must be something about that name and fielding :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

This guy should have walked into a county contract, shows how full of it they are. Miles better than a lot of guys that have had a free run at it.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

My big worry for this tournament is we have no clear strategy.

The guys currently in the side playing are playing shit house. So even if Dave manages to entice some players back, he literally has two weeks to embed them and get them up to standard.

Teams like USA have been building for a couple years at least just for this qualifier. They had a clear strategy and been playing games with this qualifier in mind. Zim on the other hand have been making shit up as we go along.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

I put my money on Slug getting a duck in one of the qualifies
Ngarava going for over 60 runs in 4 overs with 1 wicket
Tiripano vs Jongwe debate remaining unsolved
Sean Williams still on leave of absence
Case closed MaZimbo

Googly

Post by Googly »

Only Zimbabweans get to call him Slug. 'Tsek.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I still can't understand why they are hosting this in Bulawayo. But anyway, presumably they need two ground for this. BAC as of a couple of months ago was terrible, the outfield in particular. Presumably the ICC are throwing some money ZC's way to sort it out in time.

Presuming we get through our group, who are we expecting to face in the semi's? Netherlands or Hong Kong I think?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Our boys are going to have to improve to get through.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

USA Squad :

Monank Patel (c), Aaron Jones, Ali Khan, Cameron Stevenson, Gajanand Singh, Jaskaran Malhotra, Marty Kain, Nisarg Patel, Rusty Theron, Saurabh Netravalkar, Steven Taylor, Sushant Modani, Yasir Mohammed, Vatsal Vaghela

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.icc-cr ... 652131/amp

PNG Squad :

Assad Vala (c), Charles Amini, Simon Atai, Sese Bau, Riley Hekure, Semo Kamea, Kabua Morea, Alei Nao, Damien Ravu,
Lega Siaka, Chad Soper, Norman Vanua, Hila Vare, Tony Ura
Robo to rule :oops:

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:58 pm

Presuming we get through our group, who are we expecting to face in the semi's? Netherlands or Hong Kong I think?
Uganda are a stronger side than Hong Kong, they recently beat Namibia in a t20 international

They have 2 or 3 players that would easily get into our XI.

Ssezai is an incredible batsmen at associate level, if he gets going we’re in trouble.

Kyewuta is new to the Ugandan squad but he is quick and gets it to move away. Namibian batsmen didn’t have a clue how to play him and that is saying something. I watched the whole series.

A couple of the Asian lads are pretty dangerous too and that young ssessonyondo is a great wicket to wicket spinner, can be very economical (although struggled against Namibia)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CalZim wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:50 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:58 pm

Uganda are a stronger side than Hong Kong, they recently beat Namibia in a t20 international

They have 2 or 3 players that would easily get into our XI.

Ssezai is an incredible batsmen at associate level, if he gets going we’re in trouble.

Kyewuta is new to the Ugandan squad but he is quick and gets it to move away. Namibian batsmen didn’t have a clue how to play him and that is saying something. I watched the whole series.

A couple of the Asian lads are pretty dangerous too and that young ssessonyondo is a great wicket to wicket spinner, can be very economical (although struggled against Namibia)
Well they lost to both Hong Kong and Jersey just this week so I'm not sure about that. All these teams are pretty similar. Even more so in T20. I think Uganda could finish bottom of their group though.

I'd like to see fellow African brethren doing well but I don't think they will.