ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualifiers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualifiers

Post by Marshmallow »

My XI

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Burl
Chakabva
Jongwe
Wellington
Blessing
Ngarava /Chatara

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'll leave out jongwe for sure

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Shumba
Chakabva
Burl
Chatara
Muzarabani
Chatara

I'll leave out wellington quite simply because I've got a million spin bowling allrounders who are more or less at par with wellington.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:35 pm

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Shumba
Chakabva
Burl
Chatara
Muzarabani
Chatara

I'll leave out wellington quite simply because I've got a million spin bowling allrounders who are more or less at par with wellington.
Two Chataras? :D

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

1 Madhevere / Marumani
2 Ervine
3 Williams
4 Burl
5 Raza
6 Chakabva
7 Shumba
8 Jongwe
9 Masakadza
10 Muzarabani
11 Ngarava

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

It seems a lot of people here are overly optimistic about Zimbabwe making it through these qualifiers... Given our history, I can see Zim sailing through the group stages but then facing a tricky side like the Dutch in the semis and folding under pressure.

There's only one critical game and that is the semi final, everything that happens before then is close to meaningless (assuming we get through)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

grant wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:48 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:35 pm

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Shumba
Chakabva
Burl
Chatara
Muzarabani
Chatara

Two Chataras? :D
😁 I meant Ngarava at the end.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Xlife wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:51 pm
It seems a lot of people here are overly optimistic about Zimbabwe making it through these qualifiers... Given our history, I can see Zim sailing through the group stages but then facing a tricky side like the Dutch in the semis and folding under pressure.

There's only one critical game and that is the semi final, everything that happens before then is close to meaningless (assuming we get through)
Why would be playing netherlands in semis though? If we win all our games then we will be top of our pool and they should come first in their pool. The only way i see this happening is if we lose a pool game and then come second in our pool and then lose to netherlands. To be honest if that happens we dont deserve it, especially since we playing at home. Lets just wait and see what happens.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Its funny reading sean williams and david houghton interviews there are lots of subtle dig towards rajput

Houghton says that zimbabwe players skills have ben wrapped up for a couple of years but we should see an exciting positive brand of cricket from them come monday.
Williams rates houghton and basically said the respect he gets from players especially the seniors is amazing

Made me laugh. 😂😂

Googly

Post by Googly »

Anything can happen in a T20. :lol: The only thing that makes the team vaguely reliable is real depth in batting. If you have good batters down to at least 8 and everyone plays positive cricket you're generally going to post a defendable total.
We cannot have Kaia chewing up deliveries. If you're going to go the cautious route and be 19 off 19, you have to pull the trigger after that and catch it up. This 50 off 50 virtually guarantees you lose unless you have Buttler and Gayle coming in next.
Already this year you're seeing the strike rates of good batters have gone up from 120-130% to 140-150%
You need around 50 in the powerplay, 2 down max. Those first 6 overs are so important. If you get off to a flyer your win rate goes up exponentially.
If we don't do well against these "lesser" sides all I can say is eeeish.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I do hope they pick Marumani tomorrow. he is our best 20/20 up and coming player and hit 5 50's last year in domestic competition.

Him and Raza are the only one's who I would say are our big hitters.