ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualifiers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualification Scenario

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Team which Zim will find tough in that group is the combination of India- Pak domestic cricketers enabled USA & Hong Kong, rest of the matches will be a cake walk for Zim, even the Netherlands match also will be easy for Zim.

But still in T20 cricket its proved again & again there is no strong teams, any team can upset in their given day.

Rajkumar Sharma

Re: ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualification Scenario

Ireland Squad

Andrew Balbirnie (c), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Shane Getkate, Josh Little, Andy McBrine, Barry McCarthy, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Craig Young.

Traveling reserves: Neil Rock, Ben White

Rajkumar Sharma

Re: ICC T20 World Cup 2022 [ Australia ] : Qualifiers

Ireland, UAE, Nepal and Oman in semis

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/121 ... roup-round

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Literally makes zero sense to have the qualifiers in Oman when the real event is in Australia. The qualifiers should have been in Ireland to make it closer to the kind of pace friendly conditions that we will get in Australia.

I fear for Ireland, as of now they are struggling. Nothing against the associates like Oman but honestly I'd like to see the test playing nations move forward, esp when I know Ireland are likely to be more competitive in Australia than oman.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Nah, I'd rather the associates advance. Ireland gets $7m a year from the ICC. Oman gets about $600k. Kudos to them for being just as good/better whilst also being financially self sustaining.

Besides, Oman are probably just as likely to play a Test as Ireland any time soon :lol:

I'll be happy if Oman and the UAE go through. Nepal are alright, but their fans are a bit annoying

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:40 am
Nah, I'd rather the associates advance. Ireland gets $7m a year from the ICC. Oman gets about $600k. Kudos to them for being just as good/better whilst also being financially self sustaining.

Besides, Oman are probably just as likely to play a Test as Ireland any time soon :lol:

I'll be happy if Oman and the UAE go through. Nepal are alright, but their fans are a bit annoying
Thats just how South Asians are :D :D

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:40 am

Ya the associates put in a lot of effort I agree. Ireland seem to have got back on track now, some good hitting by delany.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

If we get Zimbabwe, Ireland, UAE and Netherlands get through to the world cup, then along with Namibia, Scotland, they will probably form the strongest contingent from outside of top 10 (Afghans included in top 10) to make it to the world cup. In my view.

We will have all 16 nations who are very much capable of a challenge in that case.

Rajkumar Sharma

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:59 am
If we get Zimbabwe, Ireland, UAE and Netherlands get through to the world cup, then along with Namibia, Scotland, they will probably form the strongest contingent from outside of top 10 (Afghans included in top 10) to make it to the world cup. In my view.

We will have all 16 nations who are very much capable of a challenge in that case.
Ireland & UAE are through to the first round of the T20 World Cup. Great chance for Zimbabwe but never know as the format is T20. PNG, Jersey, Uganda might not be a big problem for Zim, Singapore has a win over Zim in T20 the hurdle will be Hong Kong & USA both teams have some top class domestic players from asia. Hong Kong guys have lots of experience in hard hitting as they plays lots of Super Sixes games

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:29 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:59 am

Ireland & UAE are through to the first round of the T20 World Cup. Great chance for Zimbabwe but never know as the format is T20. PNG, Jersey, Uganda might not be a big problem for Zim, Singapore has a win over Zim in T20 the hurdle will be Hong Kong & USA both teams have some top class domestic players from asia. Hong Kong guys have lots of experience in hard hitting as they plays lots of Super Sixes games
Hong Kong does not have any "top class domestic players from Asia". They are mostly brown/white Hong Kongers. Most of the squad were born there or lived there since nursery or primary age. The majority learnt all their cricket there, went through the HK U16 and U19s, and hold only HK passports. Many of the squad speak fluent Chinese.

There's only 1 Pakistani guy in the squad who could be considered an 'import', but even he's lived there for 10 years now too.

As for 'lots of Super Sixes games'. It's only been played once in the past decade. Your cricket knowledge is funny. :lol:

Anyway, I wouldn't be too bothered about them. They are still shitting themselves over the Omicold and living under the world's strictest Covid lockdown rules and aren't able to play any local cricket currently, and haven't played an international for over 2 years. USA are the real potential banana skin for us.